AuthorTopic: I'm making a paint program, so useful tools, ideas and features required please  (Read 156474 times)

Offline happymonster

• View Profile
Ah, sounds like you've identified the problem Jakten reported. I'll look into that!!

Offline happymonster

• View Profile
I've been busy doing sprites lately (you might have seen them) as well as doing other stuff, so not had time to do much on this lately.

Offline BwdYeti

• Emo Halb + Emocar = :|
    • View Profile
This is pretty nice. I look forward to the full version.

Some bugs I found:

Dragging a color in the palette over any icons in the menu and clicking on them breaks that icon.
If you move the pointer to the palette while drawing it switches to grabbing a color in the palette, and then kinda freaks out.
With the Ctrl eyedropper, moving the mouse after clicking and before releasing makes it not select any color.
If you can, holding Ctrl-Z/Y should go through steps repeatedly instead of requiring another press for each step.
I don't know the exact circumstances but Ctrl sometimes takes focus away or makes it lag or something. Something like Ctrl-Z right after drawing something.

Keep it up

Offline happymonster

• View Profile
Thanks for the bug reports. I'll try to look into them when I get the chance.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev
What essential (and basic) features does Pixe need to be usable in your view? I'm not talking about features not in another paint program, or advanced features in ProMotion, Photoshop, etc.. But more basic features that are required to start using the program.
Sorry, been meaning to remark on this. I've given a couple of attempts at bringing Pixe into my typical workflow to see where I get hung up on it. Here's my list (from most needed to least):

- Specific load/save of images, with selectable path, name and file type
- Application not full screen
- A faster eye drop? For instance ability to make right-click eye drop
- Canvas resizing
- Save/Load palettes
- Zoom-able preview, resizable preview viewport, ability to have preview always visible (basically make preview port its own mini window)
- A readout somewhere that tells you what magnification you're currently at

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile
I tried it, but had tons of serious problems. here are a few:

Instead of being able to draw a line how I wanted, it would draw "zig zags". Like, when I tried to freehand a 45 degree line, it would draw stairs. Only when I moved the mouse very fast would it give some sort of angle, though still not a free hand drawing, it was a bunch of segments of lines attached together.

I tried to get rid of everything I had drawn but could find no way

Tried to select a piece of the canvas but then my mouse because the area I selected and I couldnt get rid if it.

After I selected another tool, it still tried to make selections, I couldnt draw any longer.

Random white lines kept being drawn on the drawing area at times.

Drew a box, then couldnt do anything but draw boxes, even if i selected another tool.

Anyway there was some more stuff, and I don't know if it's my computer or I was just not using it right but I can't see my self using this at all with so many problems. I really couldnt figure out what was going on at any point.

Offline happymonster

• View Profile
Updated, but not had much chance to test, so may have introduced some bugs..

v0.43
-----

* Added change image size option, 6 size presets and X & Y sliders to resize image. Need options to make as new, resize/crop existing image instead of erasing.
* Fixed bug where you could drop a colour from the palette over an icon.
* Stopped being able to draw onto palette and dragging a colour automatically as a consequence.
* Now able to start to draw off of the canvas.
* Bug fixed where you could click on an icon and draw to the canvas underneath.
* Fixed bug with palette swatch not always being drawn in correct colour when mouse is over entry in the palette.
* Fixed bug with holding down control and mouse button for the eyedropper when moving over image. Colour is now correctly updated dependent on final position.
* Added smoother per pixel scrolling when holding down the middle mouse button and moving the mouse.

Offline happymonster

• View Profile
I'm on holiday from tomorrow until the new year, so this will be the last version before Christmas. Thanks to those who've enjoyed it despite the rough edges and missing bits.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant
Yay, proper panning! :D
Working nicely.

Offline happymonster

• View Profile
Thanks! Will try to do more work on this soon..