AuthorTopic: [WIP] Ice Block  (Read 6605 times)

Offline ortodoxx

• I Steal Colors
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Ice Block

Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 07:04:29 pm
Maybe this can help you somewhat. its a iceblock i did awhile back for a game.

it can still be a bit reworked now that i look at it a couple of months after i  did it. Nice cracks can be made with only 3 colors. just pick one, do the crack and add a highlight at one side of the crack and a shadow at the other side.

hope it helps.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 10:35:33 am
Ice is usually translucent so I don't know if the shadows would be there, Ortodoxx.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 12:28:58 pm
is this like a token for a computer game? like a piece of a board puzzle game?

what I thing you could add would be a bit of bevel in the edges, and then, as the shine whent through, you could have it wrap around the surface. that would also give you the ability of using that to show cracks of bumps on the surface. if you wanna do cracks and bump on the other side also, or simulate refraction for that matter, you could use brighter colors, so it gives it a bit of depth.
right now it looks like a flat peice of reflective metal. there isnt a sugestion of transparency and depth.

take care

Kaz
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline straypixels

• SHAZAM!
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 06:09:19 pm
I tend to agree with Sherman, Orthodoxx. Your ice looks a bit like marble to me ^_^

Kaz, the piece I'm working on at the moment is a breakable floor tile for a platformer game that I'm making. I'm not sure I quite understand what your suggesting? Could you point me toward an example to help me out?

Thanks!
Straying since 1999