AuthorTopic: low poly stuffs  (Read 22824 times)

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Re: low poly stuffs

Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 08:00:20 pm
I like it
its a zen moment for me since I can shut down my brain and just do it almost automaticaly. its only been like that since max 5 though. before doing uvws was a pain. now the tools are so easy to use that its really not hard at all.
uving fo me is like resting after the great battle (modeling) just before you go on that long walk back home (photoshop for texture)
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

yosh64

Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 10:42:36 am
hey

I hope ya don't mind me asking, but how did you go about designing these characters? I have just been trying to design a character, something like Samus for a game I currently call "The Navigator", but I can't design anything cool :\.

Did you complete the designs before ya started modelling? what was going through ya mind when ya were designing them? did you think about where the characters come from, and what they do and all the sort? or did ya think, this might look cool, and one thing lead to another and so on.

Thanks

cya
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:45:20 am by yosh64 »

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 12:18:15 am
Hey dudes, we'd like to enforce same rules here as we do in the pixel art section:

Everything that's not actual critique, constructive opinions or related info that has something to do with the art at hand will be deleted!

It's not that we don't like praise and shoulder-pats, it's just that if we don't moderate it a thread might get lots and lots of one-liner praise messages with more or less no substance, and we don't wanna see that!

-Including your praise in a message that includes critique/constructive feedback = encouraged.
- Praising the art, paying special attention to different techniques that have been used, going in-depth/analyzing = borderline, if it might give the artist or thread on-looker any 'aha'-feedback, then sure.
- just popping by to say you dig it = will be deleted, although we still appreciate the thought!

We've been loose with the rules in the low-spec area because it's still kinda new, but yeah. Here's hoping the trend changes towards more informative and in-depth feedback messages in this area too!

EDIT: if you wanna reply to this, quote this message and reply in the official off-topic thread. Thanks in advance!

PANDA EDIT: Low Spec Art section cleaned completely
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 11:27:10 am by Panda »
' _ '