AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004578 times)

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #960 on: July 07, 2009, 07:28:36 pm
Well, you do realize that a TV is just a monitor, right? It's pretty versatile since you can watch DVD's on it, play video games and when all else fails you can do this.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #961 on: July 07, 2009, 08:16:43 pm
Well, you do realize that a TV is just a monitor, right? It's pretty versatile since you can watch DVD's on it, play video games and when all else fails you can do this.

I've got the monitor for watching DVDs and playing on consoles, but I don't have the digital box thingie that delivers TV-channels. Anyway, sports, yeah, I guess it'd be good for that. I like the Olympics but don't really care for the rest. I secretly enjoy if Finland loses to Sweden in ice hockey, at least it shuts up the hockey maniacs. The last time Finland won it was nothing but NONSTOP HOCKEYMANIA for a year. It drove me nuts.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #962 on: July 08, 2009, 11:59:08 am
TV does feel very primitive, the commercials are the main reason I very very rarely watch it at all, as far as I'm concerned it's only used to displaying my games and movies.

:huh:
Why the hell do they do this, he was clearly just folding his arms for the photo, why the fuck do they have to photoshop arms in!?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 02:43:39 am by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #963 on: July 08, 2009, 01:38:54 pm
It's even got a Lens Flare!

Photoshop win, everyone!

TV totally sucks. The few good shows are better on DVD anyway since you can watch them in chunks or at your leisure and without commercials.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #964 on: July 08, 2009, 02:04:23 pm
I concur, TV totally blows. There are a few good channels here (like arte which do not have commercials), tho.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #965 on: July 08, 2009, 05:06:43 pm
Gamefly commercial(which consists of about 2 minutes of constant screaming) every 5 minutes...

Offline ter-o

• Elitist scum
    • View Profile

Reply #966 on: July 08, 2009, 06:08:01 pm
I've been playing the new Tales of Monkey Island by Telltale games and even when I'm a hardcore MI fan (thus pretty critical about any remakes and new versions of the ip) I must admit that I kinda like it! So far only thing that has bothered me is some of the artistic choises for the characters and I can't understand why all Telltale games are so lowpoly but all in all, it sounds and looks and feels really Monkey Islandish.
I don't know everything, I just know everything else.
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #967 on: July 08, 2009, 09:11:31 pm
Pff, TV. I haven't had any channels on mine since I moved here, a year and a half ago. The only thing I can say I really miss is accidently zapping past Simpsons reruns when I'm bored, and ye olde Discovery Channel. But of course, I'd stumble on both while trying to waste time, so the only thing they really do is help people waste time. I don't know, I'm kinda glad I can't do that anymore.

I'm less happy about my 360 still being broken, meaning I haven't even used said TV for many months...

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #968 on: July 09, 2009, 07:02:36 am
does anyone know corel painter very well? I'm painting using pure black but on the canvas it's not pure black. it ends up reading about 28,28,28 even though painter says 0,0,0. but when i save as JPG it ends up as pure black. why does it look lighter on canvas?

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #969 on: July 09, 2009, 08:05:38 am
Sounds like something wonky is happening with your gamma settings. I don't have a copy of Painter handy, but somewhere in the menus there is a wizard that lets you set up your color preferences.