AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004420 times)

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #720 on: May 07, 2009, 12:47:09 pm
Well, Scrubs has officially ended. (although there is a small chance there may be a crappy spinoff or something)
That was a great finale, around the fifth season it definitely started going downhill, but this last season has been so great that it's kinda sad because I would have enjoyed at least a few more episodes at this level.

So if you ever liked scrubs and gave up during season 5-7, you might want to check out this last season.
They even reveal the Janitors name :o
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #721 on: May 07, 2009, 10:31:39 pm
Eh...  Nearly broke my foot in Gymnastics last week.  Dislocated my toe, but it popped back in while I was sitting in Gym moaning, apparently.  Now I walk around like I'm drunk and have a quite disagreeable limp.   !yus!

But I had an idea.  It's an amazing/stupid idea.  *posts in OT-Creativity*

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #722 on: May 09, 2009, 09:54:10 am
Man I saw the new Star Trek yesterday. It was awesome. A bit thin on story, but an action packed thirll ride. A worthy restart of the series.
And probably already my favourite Star Trek movie.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #723 on: May 09, 2009, 01:31:26 pm
I've been waiting to see the new trek movie, but I've been confined home for two weeks due to reasons  :yell:
I feel a bit iffy about it though. The trailer showed more phaser fire from the enterprise than all of the TNG episodes combined.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #724 on: May 09, 2009, 03:22:51 pm
Ugh I hated TNG, it was way too sterile. I can't wait to see the movie, TOS was my favorite. I've been watching DS9 and supposedly it gets better later on, I'm only on season three. It's pretty good... Though it does feel a bit too much like TNG at the moment.

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Reply #725 on: May 09, 2009, 06:33:56 pm
Man I saw the new Star Trek yesterday. It was awesome. A bit thin on story, but an action packed thrill ride. A worthy restart of the series.

I thought the whole point behind Star Trek was that it was more story driven and less action packed. It looks like it's trying to be a Star Wars movie.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #726 on: May 09, 2009, 11:53:51 pm
Star Trek started out fairly action packed. Actually very action packed. With TNG they took the action out in order to make room for more story, but ended up with the same episodic format which doesn't lend well to continuing plot lines - as was the case in the original - but without the action of the original to make it worthwhile.

So the new movie should be very true to the original in this regard.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #727 on: May 10, 2009, 09:43:20 am
Man I saw the new Star Trek yesterday. It was awesome. A bit thin on story, but an action packed thrill ride. A worthy restart of the series.

I thought the whole point behind Star Trek was that it was more story driven and less action packed. It looks like it's trying to be a Star Wars movie.

Though kind of true, this franchise needed a reboot. And only a movie like this could've done it. Would you really want another Nemesis?
That one was more story driven, but it was terrible.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #728 on: May 10, 2009, 04:53:50 pm
Well, Scrubs has officially ended. (although there is a small chance there may be a crappy spinoff or something)
That was a great finale, around the fifth season it definitely started going downhill, but this last season has been so great that it's kinda sad because I would have enjoyed at least a few more episodes at this level.

So if you ever liked scrubs and gave up during season 5-7, you might want to check out this last season.

I absolutely love scrubs! it sucks that it ended :[
Although im pretty sure the Janitor just gave J. D another fake name in that episode, maybe not.
I had to hold back tears during the ending D:
They even reveal the Janitors name :o

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #729 on: May 11, 2009, 03:44:51 am
I absolutely love scrubs! it sucks that it ended :[
Although im pretty sure the Janitor just gave J. D another fake name in that episode, maybe not.
I had to hold back tears during the ending D:
Naw, that was officially his name, the other doc calling him a different name seconds later was just proving his point that no one cares what his name is.
Also, Neil Flynn voiced the character of the Janitor on another Bill Lawrence show before (clone high) and that janitor had the same name ;P
Life without knowledge is death in disguise