AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004162 times)

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #700 on: April 28, 2009, 04:36:01 am
Yeah, I haven't pixelled anything that wasn't for my game in over a year probably.
I do feel like a hack for not being more involved with something I love so much, but I'll get back into it eventually.

And no offense to any of our new members but I just feel a bit burnt out on people registering for help with one piece and never coming back.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Stezy

• One-Winged Angel
    • View Profile
    • Twitter

Reply #701 on: April 28, 2009, 09:21:44 am
I found this place again! I'm definatly going to try and stay active. Such a cool place here.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #702 on: April 28, 2009, 10:33:10 am
I've not had much time to pixel (or do any art) on my free time, but some new challenge would be nice. Something quick and simple that can be expanded depending on your motivation. Full game mockups are a bit too much for me.

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Reply #703 on: April 28, 2009, 11:51:02 am
I've not had much time to pixel (or do any art) on my free time, but some new challenge would be nice. Something quick and simple that can be expanded depending on your motivation. Full game mockups are a bit too much for me.
Have you checked PJ new challenge  ??? it's pretty cool  :) even i might have enough time to make my something for it.

By the way has anyone seen/played this "MyBrute" game ? The art is looking pretty nice and simple  :)
(Challenge me http://batlorder.mybrute.com  >:D)

Also has any "coder" tried Brutus 2d ? what i've seen and tried i'd say it's one of the best free languages you can get  ;D
http://pewtersoftware.com/wordpress/ you must try it out  :D

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #704 on: April 28, 2009, 04:13:04 pm

And no offense to any of our new members but I just feel a bit burnt out on people registering for help with one piece and never coming back.

I'm not sure whether I still belong in the newbie group or not, but I feel I've earned a title as one of the few newbs who came, then stayed and improved.  Though I don't post art much, I'm getting back into it.

I wasn't around when the greats still posted work; they were/are just these looming presences that hang around until you do something really stupid and post amazing edits and paragraph-long critique.  I love it here, I doubt I'll ever not find time to hang here.  Also, Summer Solstice, when it hits, might be a burst of activity; It will be for my anyways, as I need to earn some money doing graphic design jobs.   ::)

Is it strange that I excel at edits but fail moreso when I try to create an original piece?
Shrike

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #705 on: April 28, 2009, 04:32:42 pm
Is it strange that I excel at edits but fail moreso when I try to create an original piece?

no not at all.  I always find it easier to see improvements in others work than in my own.  I guess that when you are making your own art you are sub-consciously trying not to see the faults, and hence why critique is almost always needed.

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #706 on: April 28, 2009, 05:51:43 pm
True, it is probably to an extent a matter of self-critique.  But I am ( I think ) quite fine with the techniques; coming up with new ideas may be my problem.  Also, I lack the time to spend it doing something that would be awesome but will only be achieved via Summer Vacation.

Batlorder:
My Brute is awesomely fun.
http://shrike-laniidae.mybrute.com
Don't challenge me tho...  I'm only a level 2.  xD
Anyone wanna be my pupil?

Shrike

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #707 on: April 29, 2009, 04:52:31 pm
I'm getting emails from a scammer, I'm gonna play along and progressively get more and more bizarre and perverse.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #708 on: April 29, 2009, 07:47:12 pm
I'm getting emails from a scammer, I'm gonna play along and progressively get more and more bizarre and perverse.

Is it from Dr. Ibrahim Martin from Nigeria again? Has he still not gotten his money through? ;)

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #709 on: April 29, 2009, 09:12:47 pm
It's pixel's birthday today!

http://tinyurl.com/happybirthdaypixel

Wish him happy birthdays