AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004463 times)

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #690 on: April 21, 2009, 09:52:07 pm
Got myself a new avatar! :O

http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/42069.htm
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #691 on: April 21, 2009, 10:21:18 pm

check where the head connects to the neck, this seems to be an enduring problem in some of your work that you don't highly investigate before you draw. You have to internalize the lessons you learn from reference and anatomy practise so they carry on to your more free-form work.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #692 on: April 22, 2009, 12:45:36 am
Hi there, Helm!

That's right, looks kinda like a reoccuring mistake -- I'm committing it on and on, and it seems I can't easily get rid of that nasty habit.  Thanks for pointing it out again, now I've promised myself to take on some more detailed studies on necks -- and this is prolly what's going to fill up the margin spaces in my notebooks now. :)

The image doesn't show up, though; could you re-check the links?
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #693 on: April 22, 2009, 12:58:22 pm
huh! I totally misplaced that file and then deleted it! Well i just nudged the head 5 pixels to the right and 3-4 downwards.

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #694 on: April 24, 2009, 05:05:07 am

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #695 on: April 26, 2009, 01:16:42 pm
junkboy I'd say Comical Machine Gun Joe for the Sega Master System / Mark III would be the closest older relative to Cabal proper.

Nah, Shoot Out predates it by a year or so, but you totally get points for mentioning a game I've never heard about! Rom sites, here I come..

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #696 on: April 26, 2009, 02:00:44 pm
I'm not trying to impress you. I think the gameplay (once you see it in action) of CMGJ has more in common with Cabal than Shoot Out, but that might just be me.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #697 on: April 27, 2009, 05:27:31 pm
   Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a lack of pixel art activity from our normal staple of known active users? I remember I used to pixel all the time, when I was bored, working, or eating. Now, I can't quite put my finger on it, but it feels like just don't have the urge to pixel any longer. I'm sure it's just a normal artist's block, or something, but I've noticed a lot of the other users here who normally post their pixel art, are also missing more and more. Not to say that the current people who submit art in the forums now aren't good, they are, it's just that I'm wondering if maybe age is getting to some of us, and we're moving on. Kinda' sad really.
   Kinda' makes you think, how old do you think some of us may be, and still keep in touch like this on the web? I'm one of those people who actually fall in love with communities like this, and the thought of "watching them go, as they leave one by one" is a bit depressing. But I guess people sometimes find something new, are too busy, or move on. That, or become lazy, like myself.  :P
my back hurts...

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #698 on: April 27, 2009, 06:34:35 pm
For me, it's simply the combination of being busy (vacation, work, moving, etc.) and a broken monitor and tablet pen. I'm still pixeling on a daily basis, it just looks like crap (at the moment, anyway! ;D).

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #699 on: April 27, 2009, 07:49:38 pm
B.O.B.,
I miss you too.