AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004702 times)

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #680 on: April 15, 2009, 05:28:23 am
We got two Burmese kittens yesterday.
My dog is crazy jealous, she's been crying and whining all day.
She keeps hiding her toys and stealing theirs, and she's tried to jump on my lap like them a couple times which she is way too big for now.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #681 on: April 15, 2009, 10:19:00 am
junkboy I'd say Comical Machine Gun Joe for the Sega Master System / Mark III would be the closest older relative to Cabal proper.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #682 on: April 15, 2009, 01:49:26 pm
You can trace any game's roots back to Duck Hunt. Even Pong.

No way! Even Spacewar?!

It involves shooting airborne objects... a concept clearly lifted straight from Duck Hunt! The fact that this fellow managed to beat Duck Hunt to the store shelves is a mere technicality.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 01:56:27 pm by Ben2theEdge »
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #683 on: April 16, 2009, 02:09:10 pm
how come Monsoon2D is sitting on -3 karma?

I can't remember if he is/was a mod or not and since he's been kinda absent the penalty is a kick in the karma?

Also I saw Watchmen last night, I liked it just fine, sex scene was the only thing I thought the movie could have done without, just seemed weird and unnecessary.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #684 on: April 16, 2009, 02:24:10 pm

Now I'm a mod and I haven't got the least idea and the administration forum says nothing about this. What is up here?
' _ '

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #685 on: April 17, 2009, 12:44:02 am
Seriously first time I see this. Seems like a glitch in the system. We need a panda or an atomic adam!

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #686 on: April 17, 2009, 07:27:32 am
Has anyone else seen the latest "masterpiece" in the X-men movie franchise? It was rubbish.

SPOILER!
Wade Wilson was great until he was Dead Pool. Dead Pool was one of my favorite Marvel characters of all time. They ruined him! He took powers from a bunch of mutants and then put then pooled (it was their pun, not mine) them into Wade Wilson. Also Saber Tooth is Wolverine's brother? The film ruined the whole Weapon X story. So many things upset me about that movie.
/SPOILER!

I also have low expectations for SOTC the movie.

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #687 on: April 18, 2009, 02:42:10 pm
I used to use gamemaker, but I realised over a year back that everytime I wanted to do something(palette swapping, proper collision, dynamic map loading) that I kept having ot throw away the code it provided for often basic things and replace it with my own in an unintuitive way. So, I made the switch to XNA and haven't looked back. I'm currently working on completing a general2d engine, initially in sideview, but once I get most of the features built in, I'm going to extend it towards a typical jrpg top-down view. I'm pretty decent with programming and was already familiar with C++ syntax, so it was a beneficial and relatively painless switch. There's a pretty awesome support community and tons of blogs with lots of helpful articles. The tools provided, like Visual C#'s code editor, are incredible.

Just putting this out there for any gamemakers growing tired with the program. I was initially attracted to GM because of the ease, speed and what I thought looked like flexibilty. I wanted to make some games, but didn't want to spend 5 years on the programming.

I know nothing of code, though I should...   In order to survive I need to know at least SOME kind of applicable code.

Anyway.
I'm downloading XNA right now, it looks promising.  Neat that you can produce for the Xbox Live!  :D
Looks like I'll need to start my code education tho...

Later
Shrike

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Reply #688 on: April 18, 2009, 06:10:13 pm
Has anyone else seen the latest "masterpiece" in the X-men movie franchise? It was rubbish.

SPOILER!
Wade Wilson was great until he was Dead Pool. Dead Pool was one of my favorite Marvel characters of all time. They ruined him! He took powers from a bunch of mutants and then put then pooled (it was their pun, not mine) them into Wade Wilson. Also Saber Tooth is Wolverine's brother? The film ruined the whole Weapon X story. So many things upset me about that movie.
/SPOILER!

I also have low expectations for SOTC the movie.

It sucked ginormous rhinocerus genitalia. I thought it would be about the stuff from the Origin series, but it's just a bunch of generic superpower-action-movie-shit.

Not many of todays action movies are worth watching, especially not the super-budget hollywood "masterpieces".

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #689 on: April 18, 2009, 06:29:04 pm

Now I'm a mod and I haven't got the least idea and the administration forum says nothing about this. What is up here?

Fixed now.
They were the Secret Santa strikes.
I gave those that didn't make a gift, 3 chances (Being, 3 extra weeks. Checked upon every week and if they didn't send in anything, they would get a strike).

The ban expired a month ago, but forgot to remove the strikes :B
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 06:34:10 pm by Panda »