AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004634 times)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #630 on: April 04, 2009, 02:22:35 am
So, I am now flat broke and unemployed. :ouch:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #631 on: April 04, 2009, 02:58:56 am
Agh, shucks...  From what?  Could you pick up some spare pixeling jobs?

(Are you in... college?)
Sorry man, that sucks.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Offline HMC

• View Profile

Reply #633 on: April 05, 2009, 03:06:41 pm
^Haha, I remember reading that about a year ago. It's amazing how well that all fits together.

Speaking of DeviantArt, however, someone stole one of Ptoing's pieces today and received a Daily Deviataion for it: http://moosehat.deviantart.com/art/Sweaty-Dudes-118169158  :(

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #634 on: April 05, 2009, 03:43:16 pm
Speaking of DeviantArt, however, someone stole one of Ptoing's pieces today and received a Daily Deviataion for it: http://moosehat.deviantart.com/art/Sweaty-Dudes-118169158  :(

Joined today and got a DD immediately for a stolen piece? Someone's got some explaining to do, and not just the thief.  :n:

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Reply #635 on: April 05, 2009, 03:46:47 pm
^Haha, I remember reading that about a year ago. It's amazing how well that all fits together.

>:( reported

thanks for the info - its good to try and keep these things from happening

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #636 on: April 06, 2009, 04:50:41 am
What's the term used for when a boss's limbs consist of a bunch of sprites chained together?

edit-
Holy crap, new Giana Sisters game and it's for the DS... and I'm enjoying it  ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 08:17:23 am by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #637 on: April 06, 2009, 04:43:38 pm
edit-
Holy crap, new Giana Sisters game and it's for the DS... and I'm enjoying it  ;D

Lol, sweet! Is it worth buying? The material on the official site seems promising. The character art is up to date and better. Even nostalgia won't make the original character art look good. Yeah, an 80's babe with pointy boobs but what did that have to do with the game sprites? Absolutely nothing. Good thing the music sounds accurate. Huelsbeck's site doesn't mention anything about him doing the remixes, but they sound good anyway. This totally made my day. ;)

I had the Amiga version but I never finished it, it got so bloody hard after level 27 or so. Apparently the C64 version was easier.

Edit

BTW, Giana Sisters on Nintendo DS! That's quite ironic, if you think about it. ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 04:57:25 pm by JJ Naas »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #638 on: April 07, 2009, 12:38:53 am
The only areas I think it's lacking is in the length of the levels, they're pretty short.

Graphics are also a bit amateurish, although they kinda work.. it's weird.. regardless, they're nicely animated.
I think as long as the 2D platformer is one of your favourite genres, and you're already familiar with the Giana Sisters- it's worth a purchase.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Reply #639 on: April 07, 2009, 08:49:35 am
It seems like the levels get longer. I've just started the second world though I did a level in the clouds which was a good amount longer than most of the others. When I first saw the graphics I thought they were blech but once you see them in action they are a lot nicer and I actually quite enjoy them. The animation is fantastic. I feel like I'm playing a very well done DOS game. The only problem I see is it getting monotonous, we'll see. And I agree with .Takam in terms of purchasing. The only question is where? I can't find a place to buy it anywhere!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 08:52:57 am by Jakten »