AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004530 times)

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #620 on: March 26, 2009, 08:16:32 am
There's a JPG among us

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #621 on: March 26, 2009, 08:38:48 am
BUUUUUURN THE WIIITCH!!

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #622 on: March 26, 2009, 04:40:44 pm
Anyone have good references of platformers that involve scaling the side of mountains?

A link to a  game here.
http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/38828.htm

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #623 on: March 27, 2009, 04:57:59 pm
WAhooo! Burn zombie Burn went Live on PSN yesterday... Check it out... my first 'real' game released since I went travelling 3 years ago...

Unavailable in Germany atm I'm afraid (sorry Sven) due to silly rules about 18 cert games and digital distributed titles... (which we've only just found out)
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #624 on: March 27, 2009, 05:47:31 pm
Congrats!
I'll be sure to pick it up!  :y:
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Reply #625 on: March 31, 2009, 12:48:02 am
I was looking through the firefox bug report on the blur today and I think something screwy is going on. They're talking like it will only be an option for authors to control whether images have a filter applied and another bug report for user control will have to be filed. The title's been changed to "Switch for authors to turn on/off bilinear filtering when enlarging images"

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=423756#c55

I just posted a small comment. It seems like things got out of control when some guy started asking for special case scenarios determined by the precise level of zoom used and other case-b-ycase scenarios that were way more complicated than what we had been asking for, namely an option in about:config.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 01:01:40 am by crab2selout.png »

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #626 on: March 31, 2009, 06:43:45 am
It's a little depressing, but the essential problem isn't that the filtering is on by default, it's that you can't turn it off at all. According to the last thing said on that page, they intend to fix it so that users can state a preference... if i'm reading this right. So it's not really what we want, but it'll do the job. The fact is that most firefox users aren't pixel artists, and don't care, and this'll fix it so that the people who do care can get on. I don't mean to say that we should stop complaining, of course. But it's not a bad idea to let this bug go through the way it's going through.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:51:44 am by tocky »

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Reply #627 on: March 31, 2009, 09:45:17 pm
I think you're right, tocky. epic lack of CSS skills for the fail. I hope they can finish soon.

EDIT: Almost forgot. The Dishwasher comes out tomorrow
http://skasoftware.wordpress.com/2009/03/30/april-1st-is-dishwasher-day/

If I had an xbox I'd be picking this up tomorrow. I find James Silva a pretty inspiring developer. His games are crude in some respects due to his solo approach, but they almsot always hold a spark that I find appealing. Stuff like this makes me glad Microsoft joined the console battles.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 10:18:30 pm by crab2selout.png »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #628 on: March 31, 2009, 10:10:28 pm
WAhooo! Burn zombie Burn went Live on PSN yesterday... Check it out... my first 'real' game released since I went travelling 3 years ago...

Unavailable in Germany atm I'm afraid (sorry Sven) due to silly rules about 18 cert games and digital distributed titles... (which we've only just found out)

Congrats :) I don't have a PS3 anyway, so no big deal. For germany just make the blood green or something.

Something else:

I will be gone for one month as of tomorrow (coming back on the 2nd of May). Going on a backpacking trip to the Philippines with a friend \o/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 10:14:01 pm by ptoing »
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #629 on: April 01, 2009, 01:01:46 pm

Congrats :) I don't have a PS3 anyway, so no big deal. For germany just make the blood green or something.

Something else:

I will be gone for one month as of tomorrow (coming back on the 2nd of May). Going on a backpacking trip to the Philippines with a friend \o/

we did the green blood trick... ;)  it seems that german law or lore has it that digital distributed games (i.e. downloaded) cannot be 18+ cert - (that's what I wanted translated the other day btw) - so we have no choice...
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com