AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1010974 times)

Offline Luzeke

• I draw, therefore I ink.
    • View Profile
    • inkBot

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #220 on: December 09, 2008, 08:55:36 am
I've had Little Big Planet for about three weeks now (bought the lbp+ps3 bundle  :D ) and I can say this, it is a good game. Very good actually. I don't have internet access at home yet so I can't say anything about the online experience, but I have played it with three other friends localy and I find it hard to imagine not finding anything about that experience that you wouldn't like. Sure there are some issues with the game, but these are mainly minor issues and not worth getting riled up for (if you ask me, which you didn't).
The depth changing issue is annoying when it occurs, but I've found it occurs very rarely when playing well designed levels, like most of the ones that come on the disc.

The camera can do some annoying choices when playing multiplayer, but mostly that's because someone is dragging behind.

Now the 'floaty' controls... I actually don't have any gripe with it. It just something to get accustomed to. I love platformers and know just as well as anyone else who does that faulty controls kills a game.
I played through Overlord and Tomb Raider Legend with a control delay of up to a second (freaking vista). And that's way worse than 'floaty' controls, but I still had an enjoyable time playing.

:)

EDIT// Also, don't go into edit mode with three friends unless you've decided what to do... that is to say if you don't want total chaos...  ::)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:31:26 pm by Luzeke »

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #221 on: December 09, 2008, 03:11:44 pm
Gentlemen, I bestow the very last build of Twinsen:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hegswx

We have recently come to the decision to start a new original game rather than restricting ourselves with a fangame.
So please, check out the current build, I'm still very much interested in feedback because things will still be similar in our new game.
Just don't bother mentioning flaws or glitches, we already have them all (no, I'm not being cocky here, we seriously have them all  :P) well documented and will not be working on them anymore.

So yeah, so long twinsen :(
I didn't know Twinsen was based on an already existing(though what looks to be terrible...) game.
Are you a fan of the series and is this a fan-game?

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #222 on: December 09, 2008, 03:16:50 pm
LBA 1 at least is not a terrible game at all, it's in fact quite nice, if quirky. At least if memory serves.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #223 on: December 09, 2008, 06:41:10 pm
Yah, I'm a big fan and Twinsen was a fangame, which is partly why we've canceled it :P

The Little Big Adventure games may look terrible by todays standards, but they're still great games
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #224 on: December 09, 2008, 07:14:55 pm
Yah, I'm a big fan and Twinsen was a fangame, which is partly why we've canceled it :P

The Little Big Adventure games may look terrible by todays standards, but they're still great games
I guess I'll have to try them out. I've never actually heard of the game until I stumbled across it in a list on gamefaqs.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #225 on: December 09, 2008, 07:37:50 pm
There are some Twinsen speed runs on SDA; looks entertaining.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/LittleBigAdventure.html
http://speeddemosarchive.com/LittleBigAdventure2.html

Blumunkee = Pkmays?

Yar. Forgot my password, and I decided I like my old username better. Incidentally, I also decided to go back to using my first name Preston, after some 10 odd years of using my hipper middle name Kyle.

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/king-fighters-xii-combo-images-actu-243060.html

Hooray for 2D. There seems to be too much banding going on in most of the sprites, but the animations are relatively smooth looking.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #226 on: December 09, 2008, 08:59:45 pm
Cool, I already wondered where you went!
Welcome back :)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #227 on: December 09, 2008, 09:12:45 pm
Preston, Kyle?

P K mays? : D I see a connection here!
' _ '

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #228 on: December 10, 2008, 04:25:56 am
Welcome back, blumunkee. Please don't run away all the time, I need you.

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #229 on: December 11, 2008, 12:02:31 am
question:
There was a special effect someone outlined here once upon a time on how to do.
Giving an image, scan lines? Where you take your finished imaged and break it down into horizontal bars, with 2 images. You slightly offset the colors or so for the horizontal bars on each image, and when compiled it looked, holographic i think?
Cant quite remember who did it, or what they called it.
anyone have any recollection of this?