AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1011303 times)

Offline Reo

• aka MechaBarbarian
    • MechaBarbarian
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11318.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2680 on: December 08, 2012, 09:49:49 pm
I think more than being politically incorrect it makes blu sound incredibly homophobic. Sorry blu.

Agreed, unless he's acting that way for comedic reasons as I suspect (calling everything "gay", because all of the 13 year olds who also play that game use it as an insult.)  If not... welcome to 2012, Blu!  :blind:

I'm from the Dirty South. Nothing is sacred and everything is fair game for jokes. I call "Black Ops" "Black Cocks" and make fun of myself for being half black. I'm not sure a German could even begin to understand the kind of culture I was raised in. :lol:

And yes, using my Xbox LIVE headset has destroyed the higher functioning parts of my brain.
Is that a good reason to shrugg it off? Everything you say and do has an effect on the world. As long as people use gay as an insult and to mean something negative, that is how society is going to keep percieving it.  :mean:

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #2681 on: December 08, 2012, 09:50:36 pm
I'm from the Dirty South. Nothing is sacred and everything is fair game for jokes. I call "Black Ops" "Black Cocks" and make fun of myself for being half black. I'm not sure a German could even begin to understand the kind of culture I was raised in. :lol:

And yes, using my Xbox LIVE headset has destroyed the higher functioning parts of my brain.

Very true of The South -- I'm just north enough to have been raised in a different environment (Northern Virginia, the Land of the Politically Hypercorrect, Rich and Insensitive, Overly Self-Centered Democrats -- or so it seems.)

I find that the witty comments I intend to make generally dissolve when I talk online during games, into things involving lack of dropped testicles and the such.  Afterwards, I always contemplate my wasted opportunities to crush the egos of 13-year-olds everywhere for hours, asking myself where I went wrong in life.

And then I go back to playing and making shitty insults  :yell:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:23:41 pm by Ashbad »

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Reply #2682 on: December 08, 2012, 11:12:20 pm
sounds like I'd better stay away from 'dem beers when I turn 21

Probably one of the wisest decisions you'll make in your life.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2683 on: December 08, 2012, 11:37:24 pm
Statistically, people who drink alcohol -- even those who abuse alcohol -- have longer lifespans than those who abstain.

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #2684 on: December 08, 2012, 11:42:04 pm
Statistically, people who drink alcohol -- even those who abuse alcohol -- have longer lifespans than those who abstain.

73% of statistics are made up, though.  ::)

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #2685 on: December 09, 2012, 12:30:39 am
Any Tekken Tag 2 players on xbox out there?
My tag is PixelPiledriver if you want to do a few matches.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline API-Beast

• beast_pixels
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35725.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2686 on: December 09, 2012, 02:02:34 pm
@Ashbad Wrong duh, it's 98% not 73%.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #2687 on: December 09, 2012, 04:33:48 pm
I don't care where you're from, please don't use 'gay' as an insult on Pixelation.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #2688 on: December 09, 2012, 06:28:58 pm
yeah well if you have to tell people it's ok where you live it's evident that it's not so ok where you're doing it.....Pixelation is worldwide not in south USA.

There is a sexually transmitted disease that kills 100% of the infected population and there's no known cure for it, it's called life :p so yeah I dont pay much attention to statistics, we live life as individuals and the perspective of an individual has nothing to do with statistics, statistics are for corporations trying to have multinational control that try to treat us as asheep and lump us into homogeneous groups.

At a time I used to see alcohol as something I'd never try. That didnt last very long because at the end of my adolescence I got bored of my verbose overly serious side (which the oldies in pixelation have seen a lot of :p) so I got drunk to see if I became suddenly extroverted. Obviously that didnt work :p.

But I feel that if you never try even a little bit of alcohol you might see it as something indecipherable and mysterious, like I did before I tried it.
There's nothing too mysterious or worthwhile about it, getting "wasted" or puke-level drunk is not worthwhile.
The reason I think it's so accepted to get wasted is because that's the only enviroment where people dare to show their basest desires, and it's the "ok" place to do so, you can always excuse what you regret to do with "I was drunk that day". I think that's bs personally, I always stay accountable no matter how drunk. I think we should all just learn be emphatic and laugh at ourselves instead of getting wasted.

I think drinking is good if you try one or two beers ( or wine or whatever form of non hard alcohol you choose) and see what that does to you, on that dose it can be relaxing and it can help develop the taste for bitter flavors. that's what I do now-a-days. There's one thing I still want to try though, Absynth....because of all that hype
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:34:09 pm by Conceit »

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2689 on: December 10, 2012, 12:24:27 am
I don't have any problem apologizing! I'm sorry for using the word 'gay' as an insult.

As for alcohol, it has helped me from quitting my job and going penniless and homeless on several occasions. Downing a couple of lagers after a shitty day of work helps me unwind enough to get back at it the next day.

And I really don't understand the appeal of getting shit-faced drunk. I've done it a couple of times and I always regret it. I think it's much better to get a nice buzz going for an hour or two, then eventually sober up before going home and passing out.