AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004741 times)

Offline Ovyx

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2110 on: July 31, 2011, 08:43:29 am

I highly recommend this brand.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #2111 on: July 31, 2011, 09:05:20 am
Chobani makes my daily protein counting adventure run smoothly.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2112 on: July 31, 2011, 04:32:27 pm
Yoplait tastes like it's specifically catered for 5 year olds with ADD who need a sugar rush every half hour. I tried some unholy cake flavor my mother eats, and it tasted like a hippie on meth went dumpster diving behind a donut shop and then took a crap in a white plastic cup.

Fine, more for me. I was just going to . . . hey a butterfly . . .

(stick to the original fruit flavors)

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Reply #2113 on: July 31, 2011, 06:47:00 pm
Chobani makes my daily protein counting adventure run smoothly.

This made me check out the nutrition info....15g per pot. Where have you been all my life Chobani? I'll never eat any other brand of yoghurt again.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2114 on: July 31, 2011, 07:41:24 pm
Chobani is what I've been eating too. Danon's Greek yogurt is good too, though some flavors are very sugary.

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #2115 on: August 01, 2011, 08:21:56 am
Just saw Inception.

That movie is hailed as some sort of "game changer" much like what matrix did for special effects, but this time, it's for intelligent, thought provoking concepts and delivery.
Really, that in itself is just all kinds of sad. If that is a change of game, the game so far must have been pretty borked but I guess the existence of transformers 3 or twilight 2 says it all.

The movie itself was okay.
Some wasted opportunities, a little too dragged out and a little too demanding on absolute focus on every single line each character says but in the end, you'll probably not regret that you saw this.
It's just a bit frustrating since this is about the vast, limitless space of dreams. Endless possibilities yet in the end of the day, all Leo and friends do is fighting gunmen with karate kicks and more guns.
No one at least kills the evil gunmen by pointing at them and yelling "bang", no one flaps their arms to fly or anything.
The gunmen, projections of someones subconscious btw, always remain dudes in suits and not monsters, cavemen, storm troopers, you name it.
Those are pretty boring dreams.
There is a very frustrating explanation for why everything is so dreadfully normal though so that's not the movies fault, it's just my preference. And the fact that this is over 2 hours of it.

It's polarizing that way but even if you hate it, it's still interesting and if you're like me who will watch a movie only because you want to see where someone goes with an interesting/absurd concept, chances are you won't hate it.
Chances are, you will want to see it again to pick up on the (many) little details you inadvertently missed cause despite all the chances it missed, after all that could have been, it does anything but falling short on meaty details.
Everything is there for a reason. Everything.

Oh and the soundtrack is pretty amazing at times. Very iconic, very distinctive.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:48:59 am by 9_6 »
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #2116 on: August 07, 2011, 07:51:06 am
Did I break the off-topic?
Would endorsement for greek dairy products fix this?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #2117 on: August 07, 2011, 08:01:15 am
I liked Inception. It had some plot holes, but those were forgivable, since the concept behind the movie (and the visuals) were pretty cool. And I did love the soundtrack, namely that deep, resonating underwater-bell-toll motif. the whole dream-in-a-dream-in-a-dream thing was a bit tough to keep up with at times, but Ellen Page is pleasant to look at and Leo's a fantastic actor, so it all evens out.

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #2118 on: August 07, 2011, 09:04:44 am
Yeah I watched it again lately but this time not half-asleep and knowing what I'd get.
Guess that helps with focusing on the things that are there instead of lamenting over what could have been there (and missing obvious points. Gosh =P).
All I had seen beforehand was that infamous bent city shot and the notion that it's about dreams in dreams.
The movie poster featuring a guy with a gun standing in in an ocean with skyscrapers in the background also didn't help with not expecting a lot more of that surreal imagery.

But what's there is actually so good that this is probably a movie I can watch again and again without it getting old.

As for leo, whenever I see him, titanic immediately springs to my mind and I hated titanic.
That's pretty unfair though cause he's actually great in inception as well as shutter island.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:19:44 am by 9_6 »
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #2119 on: August 07, 2011, 01:33:38 pm
Just wanted to let you guys know that there are some pixel prints available of some of my stuff.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.