AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004529 times)

Offline Ninja Crow

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2100 on: July 14, 2011, 06:53:05 pm
If a springy nib will solve that problem, I'll have to start saving up for one :)

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #2101 on: July 14, 2011, 10:17:02 pm
Yeah, my intuos3 came with a bundle of regular white nibs, a nib with a spring built into it, and a black rough nib. Unfortunately the black nib must have gotten mistaken for pencil lead and vaccuumed or something, and i never got to try it :c I used the springy one for a long time but I feel like I have better control with the regular nibs.

Actually since it's close to 6 years old and I'm quite rough with it, my pen has broken and I have the eraser end taped down in order to keep the nib extended (wtf), so there IS a bit of spring to it from that.

Here's a link to the springy nibs if you're interested: https://direct.wacom.com/stores/5/Stroke%20Nibs%20(10%20pack)_P1502.cfm

Offline Ninja Crow

• View Profile

Reply #2102 on: July 15, 2011, 05:26:44 pm
Thanks!  But now I'm starting to regret not getting a tablet with tilt sensitivity.  Pressure may be a great way to simulate a pen, but I also miss the ability to tip and turn my pencil to control the sharpness of the line (by never using any one spot on the lead until it got too dull).  I don't know if there's a work-around for this, easy or not, or if I just have to get used to using pressure instead of position!

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Reply #2103 on: July 17, 2011, 12:51:04 am
woot over 2 years of daily forum checking: Total time logged in: 30d 11h 24m :)

Offline malkomk

• View Profile

Reply #2104 on: July 19, 2011, 09:26:37 pm
I'm back!

I had somehow lost the name of this forum in my Great Migration from Google Chrome to Firefox, and also lost interest in pixel art for a time. Blame RL, Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft...

Anyway, here I am and I intend to keep watching this forum (at least). I also want to get better at making pixel art. I also want to create a game. Impossible? No. Improbable? Maybe. Will it happen someday? Probably...

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2105 on: July 29, 2011, 08:31:37 pm
Haven't been here in a while. Things seem a bit quiet, if I say so myself. I guess it's that the users I used to post with have mostly moved on to something else. Either way, something compelled me to post here again. But I don't want it to be completely meaningless. So seeing as how this is the Off-Topic Thread, I thought I'd ask:

Is there any song that you guys hear that INSTANTLY puts a smile on your face, even if it goes against the grain of your general musical tastes? I'm still a metal head, but I enjoy other old rock and roll songs just as well. That being said, there is a guilty pleasure of mine, though. Every time I hear it, I can't help but enjoy the 80's gloss of it. I think it goes a little something like this:

Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere
... "

...So if I had to tell pixel artists who are down on their luck, not willing to continue, I'd tell them:

" Don't stop believin'!!!
Hold on to the feelin'!!!
Streetlights people
"

:)

The question itself doesn't lend itself to just bands. It could be of any medium. I have a love for some memorable cartoon themes as well. How could one not smile when the Duck Tales theme comes on? *sigh* Oh nostalgia...

Nobody else posted happy music! WHATTHEHECK losers

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2106 on: July 30, 2011, 03:56:52 am
I've been eating yogurt for about a year to improve my health, and I just tried some Greek style "Oikos", and it was incredible. I don't think I can eat the thin slimy crap that's so popular any more. I'm not sure where to find authentic Greek yogurt stateside, but I'll be looking.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #2107 on: July 30, 2011, 07:28:02 pm
Health food stores like Whole Foods stock Greek yogurt around here. AUTHENTIC though, I wouldn't know.

Personally its much too thick for me, but I know what you mean about slimy crap. That and I haven't really had it more than once or twice with just honey. I can't exist without my strawberry yogurt though, that stuff basically fuels my being haha.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2108 on: July 31, 2011, 05:31:44 am
blu, go for the:

Always been my favorite. Way more solid than everything else. The greek stuff is . . . different alright.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2109 on: July 31, 2011, 08:21:29 am
Yoplait tastes like it's specifically catered for 5 year olds with ADD who need a sugar rush every half hour. I tried some unholy cake flavor my mother eats, and it tasted like a hippie on meth went dumpster diving behind a donut shop and then took a crap in a white plastic cup.