AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1011344 times)

Offline Mush

• View Profile
    • MushSauce

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2080 on: July 02, 2011, 04:51:26 am
Hey! I'm also in Sacramento!

I love the tiger design, so I'll pledge some monies.

Offline Joe

• View Profile

Reply #2081 on: July 02, 2011, 09:50:35 am
Lately I've been having dreams within dreams, where I "wake up," but I'm still dreaming only I don't realize it and do daily activities, and then I "go back to sleep" into the seconnd level dream again.  Does anyone here have dreams within dreams?  Also branching off of psychedelics, has anyone had lucid dreams or out-of-body experiences?

Joe, the beetle, I love it.

Thank you.  What kind of crab spider is that?

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #2082 on: July 02, 2011, 11:11:22 pm
He's lapsing into some self-inceptionizing dream world!

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2083 on: July 06, 2011, 12:53:04 am
Does anyone have any suggestions for good earbuds in the $100 USD range?

The cat ate the iPod earbuds and I'd like to get a high-end replacement. (And obviously guard them from the cat closely!)

I saw some beats by Dr Dre that looked pretty nice. Might get those.

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #2084 on: July 06, 2011, 07:33:17 am
i'm assuming you already have a good pair of headphones, because for me earbuds are mostly for on-the-go or convenience. if not, get a pair of headphones!

http://www.amazon.com/HeadDirect-RE0-HEAD-DIRECT-In-ear-Headphones/dp/B001MQ8BL6 i've tried these, the sound quality is really good for earbuds.

or you might want to look into klipsch, image s4 I think it is, I've heard pretty good things about them.

sennheiser is also reliable brand at that price range.

I dunno about the dre stuff, I tried them out at a store but I don't think they are worth the prices they ask for them. the quality is decent, but you could do soo much better with the same amt of money.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2085 on: July 06, 2011, 11:33:46 pm
I don't have headphones and I don't want any. Is that bad?

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #2086 on: July 07, 2011, 03:06:06 am
Haven't been here in a while. Things seem a bit quiet, if I say so myself. I guess it's that the users I used to post with have mostly moved on to something else. Either way, something compelled me to post here again. But I don't want it to be completely meaningless. So seeing as how this is the Off-Topic Thread, I thought I'd ask:

Is there any song that you guys hear that INSTANTLY puts a smile on your face, even if it goes against the grain of your general musical tastes? I'm still a metal head, but I enjoy other old rock and roll songs just as well. That being said, there is a guilty pleasure of mine, though. Every time I hear it, I can't help but enjoy the 80's gloss of it. I think it goes a little something like this:

"  Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere
... "

...So if I had to tell pixel artists who are down on their luck, not willing to continue, I'd tell them:

" Don't stop believin'!!!
Hold on to the feelin'!!!
Streetlights people
"

:)

The question itself doesn't lend itself to just bands. It could be of any medium. I have a love for some memorable cartoon themes as well. How could one not smile when the Duck Tales theme comes on? *sigh* Oh nostalgia...

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:34:03 am by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2087 on: July 07, 2011, 04:15:13 am
Heck yeah B.O.B., can't go wrong with some Journey.

Great question.

Forever, by hurt

We Live No More, by black label society

Blank Page, by the pumpkins

Rowboat, by coal chamber

and yes, noticeably more on-topic, Gangsta's Paradise, by coolio! Put on yer locs!  . . . k, don't . . . don't.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:44:50 am by Mathias »

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #2088 on: July 09, 2011, 05:34:47 pm
Does anyone know some good tutorials on adjusting Wacom tablet sensitivity? The settings provided with my tablet(Bamboo) don't cut it. If I set the sensitivity to firm it seems like no matter how hard I press, I can't get a stroke that ever matches the intended size. From what I can tell, it's like the sensitivity settings just increase the size of the brush stroke, but does nothing to assist in sensitivity. It might be the the fact that it isn't a high-end tablet, but I hope I can adjust it at least a little further. I can get variable strokes between the full brush size and very thin strokes, but I have to basically go from pressing with a stroke to a hover over the tablet to get that amount of sensitivity... something that isn't very easy to do.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #2089 on: July 09, 2011, 06:36:00 pm
I usually set mine to be pretty firm. Low sensitivity works out for me because it gives me more range between the lightest and hardest, but I do experience a jump from about 60% pressure upwards where it seems like its sort of uncontrollably going up to the highest pressure. I have an intuos 3, so it's not entirely the same as your problem, but what I do when I want good line variability without carving is to just set the sensitivity low (firm) and paint like I think Helm put it once in a thread about cintiqs, "homosexual watercolor feathering"... Which is something that, like you said, is hard to do.