AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004623 times)

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1980 on: April 16, 2011, 06:24:19 pm
Man this site is intense. Starting to wonder whether joining was such a good idea. I feel like such a newb.

You think this site is intense? Man, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

...EXTREEEME!!

[gasp]

Okay, look. I know everyone's heard of this place. I just thought it was a good opportunity for a reference. Besides, I love that site so much even though I haven't joined. If I didn't love it, I wouldn't have referenced it, now would I?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:39:44 pm by pistachio »

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #1981 on: April 18, 2011, 01:35:56 pm
I'm so fucking scared of conceptart.org

That's all
' _ '

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #1982 on: April 18, 2011, 02:22:40 pm

That's all

Offline Mush

• View Profile
    • MushSauce

Reply #1983 on: April 22, 2011, 08:12:34 am

Why?

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • View Profile

Reply #1984 on: April 22, 2011, 09:00:12 am

Why?

Here, Jad, I'll spoiler this sentence for your sanity. Consider it a favor.

Oh, what, we can't put spoilers on things? Damn. Okay...

˙ʇı ɥƃnoɹɥʇ oƃ oʇ ƃuıllıʍ ʇou ǝɹ,noʎ ɟı ʎɹɐɔs ʎʇʇǝɹd sı dɯɐɔ ʎɯɹɐ ˙sʇsıʇɹɐ ǝqɐuuɐʍ ɹoɟ dɯɐɔ ʎɯɹɐ ǝʞıl s,ʇı ˙ʇı oʇ ǝɟıl ɹnoʎ ɟo ɥɔnɯ ǝʇoʌǝp oʇ sı ʇɐɥʇ op oʇ ʎɐʍ ʎluo ǝɥʇ 'ʍouʞ llɐ ʎǝɥʇ--ǝʍ sɐ 'puɐ ˙poƃ ʇɹɐ ǝɹoɔpɹɐɥ ɐ dn puǝ oʇ noʎ sʇuɐʍ ǝɹǝɥʇ ǝuoʎɹǝʌǝ ʇsoɯ ǝsnɐɔǝq ʎlqɐqoɹd s,ʇı

...Army camp...

Why did I think of it that way? Scratch that, why didn't I? :yell:

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #1985 on: April 23, 2011, 03:40:08 pm
Hm.. I'm curious, how is everyone? Is it me or I don't seem to see the old regulars this days  :(
Work, gigs and family eh? I guess I'm being nostalgic.

I "sometimes" think when you finally got your skills to a level that is good enough in the industry you graduate from pixelation  :(

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #1986 on: April 24, 2011, 06:07:50 am
I'm good, life is still a bit unsettled- we had another large earthquake a week ago, I've been working on my game (Fetch Quest) pretty decently for a while now and we'll be throwing up a demo soon, I'll be sure to let you guys know.  :y:

Happy magical rabbit day everyone!
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #1987 on: April 25, 2011, 03:17:00 am
Froli: I still check up on the forums pretty frequently, as does Xion to a lesser degree, I believe. The 'graduation' part is pretty accurate though, I think eventually you learn a good chunk of the things the forums have to offer and then you can either continue learning on your own, or find a forum based around more fluid art mediums (which are more apt to learning fine art things). Or you can be like me and find an unhappy medium where you have just enough contact with learning-centric groups that you're aware you're on the wrong road ;).

Oh, but on a personal level, I'm trying to make flash games for money and somewhat failing (I end up learning a lot with each attempt but get no money) :-[.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 03:18:37 am by Sherman Gill »
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Cassowary

• View Profile

Reply #1988 on: April 25, 2011, 03:30:44 am
Man this site is intense. Starting to wonder whether joining was such a good idea. I feel like such a newb.

You think this site is intense? Man, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

...EXTREEEME!!

[gasp]

Okay, look. I know everyone's heard of this place. I just thought it was a good opportunity for a reference. Besides, I love that site so much even though I haven't joined. If I didn't love it, I wouldn't have referenced it, now would I?
I've never heard of it. And now I know why. So above me... too high to even see  :'(

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • View Profile

Reply #1989 on: April 26, 2011, 04:35:08 pm
Rather pointless post incoming, but has anyone noticed the slight increase of spambots lately? Some of them just make me laugh. Others really creep me out.

On that note, the "leather bags are delicate" bot is certainly one of them. I don't know what it is exactly. But the way all the words are pieced together in loose, nonsensical sentences, blatantly revealing the account's status is somehow... Entertaining in a disturbing way. Hard to say, really. It's very odd, blabbering on for pages like the voices in a schizophrenic's head.* It's certainly not like any bot I've ever seen.

Clipping:

4, canvas width:

width: refers to the zonal width of the canvas, often in the international Used in the country,
 inches and centimeters conversion formula: 1 inch = 2.54 cm
 common conversion in the form canvas width calculation:
 inches centimeters general usage
 36 90cm
 47 :
 7, strong: the powerful man-made cotton less than cotton, especially in wet conditions, rayon fastness is poor, when compared from the fabric edge spinning, stretching, more cotton, rayon wire easily broken, so most of rayon thick texture, no cotton yarn as thin.

1. plain cloth plain cloth in common is the use of plain weave woven system, warp and weft of the linear density and fabric weft yarn density in the same or similar. Depending on the thickness of warp and weft can be divided into coarse cloth, Zhongping cloth and fine cloth.

:huh:

Overall, just a slight increase in spambots. Interesting ones. Maybe it's just me.

(*I don't know, I'm not a schizophrenic. Sorry if I offended any schizophrenics.)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:43:52 pm by pistachio »