AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004387 times)

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1860 on: January 11, 2011, 06:49:37 pm
2 minutes into the first episode of Battlestar Galactica. Never watched it before, just know of the hype.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #1861 on: January 11, 2011, 10:03:02 pm
2 minutes into the first episode of Battlestar Galactica. Never watched it before, just know of the hype.
Did you/are you watching the miniseries that came before the TV show? You probably should, it's the best part of the series up until the third season.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #1862 on: January 12, 2011, 12:45:12 pm
I found it remarkably unexciting. I kept hearing so much good that I decided to overlook the corny visuals and give it a go, but it didn't come to blossom any time throughout the first season. For me it really was that kind of entertainment where I couldn't get rid of the feeling that I'm wasting time while at it.

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #1863 on: January 12, 2011, 03:08:44 pm
Did you/are you watching the miniseries that came before the TV show? You probably should, it's the best part of the series up until the third season.

The miniseries, at least as it was labeled on netflix.  Though the episodes are hardly mini wtfff.  I got kinda bored and sidetracked and didn't actually pay too much attention after the first half-hour. Played a second episode that I don't even remember. Kinda getting the same feeling as miascugh

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Reply #1864 on: January 16, 2011, 03:58:33 am
Today's goofy experiment (which I put here instead of the creativity thread because I don't have any pix).

Print out some very fine graph paper.  One half the page was set to 30 squares per inch, one half to 20 squares per inch.  Lines were light gray so that they were not very visible.  Add some graphite drawing pencils and some cheapo colored pencils I had lying around, and I'm making pixels, but on paper.

Results were ... not good.

At 20 squares per inch, the grid is very visible and looks utterly unnatural.  At 30 squares per inch, the grid is less visible, but it is very difficult to fill in precise squares.  About half the time I would slop over.

In both cases, I had to go over the squares twice, once with the graphite for value, once with the colored pencil for hue.  This made the process rather slow.  Also, it is almost impossible to keep a consistent value from square to square.  Texture creeps in, grain creeps in from the hand motion, and so forth.

I tried a part of a face (eye and cheek line) and an iso line or two.  The face parts were not horrible at 30 squares per inch, but it can't compare to an ordinary sketch of the same size.  The iso lines looked really bad.

I might dink around with this a bit more, but this was pretty much a failure.  :)

Tourist

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #1865 on: January 17, 2011, 08:41:00 am
Old news but yeah:

:D

Offline Reo

• aka MechaBarbarian
    • MechaBarbarian
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11318.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1866 on: January 17, 2011, 04:51:05 pm
Old news but yeah:

:D
Does ManoWar  know about this? If so the developers of Turrican are in trouble...Other bands play, ManoWar KILLS! :P

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1867 on: January 18, 2011, 01:58:03 am
haha, it's really weird that the Turrican cover keeps the majestic flowing barbarian hair, despite the futuristic theme.
For the record, the Manowar cover is way better. Looks like a Boris Vallejo?

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #1868 on: January 18, 2011, 08:13:31 am
Looks like a Boris Vallejo?

Ken Kelly.

Offline Ddawg

• Trying to listen to those who know more than me
    • View Profile
    • Dawg Pound

Reply #1869 on: January 18, 2011, 02:42:17 pm
I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK BISHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've really changed alot, too. :D
I don\'t want to be a bad boy like I was in the *gulp* past...Please be patient with me.