AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004455 times)

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1560 on: May 07, 2010, 07:26:34 pm
Gil needs another L in his name, then no one can disagree with him. Or it'll just make him cooler, like me. Which is the same as being infallible. :P

Helm: I detect... FEELINGS about this situation in your posts (which I guess makes sense, since it's where you live and all), so I'm a little surprised you aren't motivated to say more about it.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Reply #1561 on: May 07, 2010, 08:20:35 pm
Grrrr.  Laziness leads to lack of practice.  Lack of practice leads to slow improvement in art/pixel skills.  Lack of skill leads to frustration at inability to create art well and/or quickly.  Frustration leads to.... dunno.  Posting on a message board I guess.  :)

I get the urge to write an app to take a 3d model, render it, and reduce to a pixel style art (using a material map + light map with a custom palette).  I can write the code, even one that handles batches for animations, but I don't think that's what I want.  I like creating art by hand.  It's just impatience wrestling with laziness.  End of rant.  Thanks for the opportunity to vent, I'll post a WIP in the pixel art forum in a few.

Going, going .....

Tourist

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #1562 on: May 08, 2010, 05:16:44 am
Gil, all three of your statements could withstand a lot of argumentation. I don't have the mental fortitude for it though, just letting you know that it's both not like that and somewhat like that at the same time.

Don't worry, it's not something I'm fond of arguing about. I'm a member of the EU, as is every Belgian. You are a member, as is every Greek. I feel it's both our governments (and those of all the Union countries) responsibility, to fix this mess, not just Greece.

Oversimplifications and finger pointing are not in order, a strong economic policy is. I'm a big believer in a pan-European government, so I hope this will all be solved in a dignified way.

As a PS, I am not against Greece as a EU member (far on the contrary), I am just saying that more planning should have gone into it. A rushed entrance into the EU was not in the benefit of either the EU or the people of Greece and I feel it only served as a ego boost for the politicians at the time.

We'll leave it at that as this does not seem like an issue we should argue over. I am sorry if I somehow offended you.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #1563 on: May 10, 2010, 09:20:59 am
Gil needs another L in his name, then no one can disagree with him. Or it'll just make him cooler, like me. Which is the same as being infallible. :P

Helm: I detect... FEELINGS about this situation in your posts (which I guess makes sense, since it's where you live and all), so I'm a little surprised you aren't motivated to say more about it.

I threw up some words on the current political climate on my blog.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #1564 on: May 10, 2010, 09:17:17 pm
Thanks for the post Helm. I think buying in to consumerism and becoming docile for it is a common problem in any nation with a high enough standard of living to afford electronics. The only time I remember anyone actually caring about something in the US on a national level was the 2008 elections, which set up unreachable standards for the new Cabinet.

In other news, Frank Frazetta died today... :(
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #1565 on: May 11, 2010, 12:05:03 am
 :(

Does anyone know if he was still making art? It seems like he stopped during the 90s...

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #1566 on: May 11, 2010, 03:15:00 am
you guys DO know about the Humble indie Bundle, right?

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

You get Gish, Lugaru, Aquaria and Penumbra...for as little as a penny and as much as you like.

I didnt pay that much, so I thought I'd do my measely little attempt at promotion here O_O

tata!

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #1567 on: May 11, 2010, 03:52:03 am
Hmm, I have a paypal with like $3 or so on it, guess I'll donate that. I'd donate more but I don't really have the means or the money to. I've never played any of the games, but I've heard of World of Goo.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 03:54:10 am by Dusty »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #1568 on: May 11, 2010, 04:10:10 am
Aquaria was made by a Pixelation old-timer Dusty, you have to play it.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #1569 on: May 11, 2010, 04:15:40 am
Aquaria was made by a Pixelation old-timer Dusty, you have to play it.
Hmm, was it? Who was it made by?