AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1011296 times)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1540 on: April 12, 2010, 08:05:56 am
Here's a neat 3D pixel music video I found that I thought was kind of cool.  :o
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcv6dv_pixels-by-patrick-jean_music?start=6

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
' _ '

Offline Sly

• View Profile

Reply #1541 on: April 12, 2010, 09:30:13 pm
HOLY JEBUS THAT WAS AWESOME!

I literally came out of my eyes.  :'(
No zombies here.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #1542 on: April 14, 2010, 02:46:06 pm
   Just got off a bender of playing God of War games. Recently bought the God of War collection (GoW1 & 2) for the PS3. I really did miss out on these great games when they came out. Wonderful stuff. I thought it would be pure hack and slash, but to my surprise, they're all sorts of these little puzzles. Some easy others SUPER difficult to figure out. Seriously pulling my hair out for some of them, when it was just the smallest little thing needed to solve them. The boss battles in these are pretty fun, too. Probably the real hall mark of the series, to be honest.
   Then I got GoW3, being sold on it's predecessors being solid titles. Wow, glad I got this one. Gorgeous graphics, period. And the boss battles are the best I've seen in a game yet. The Poseidon battle(my favorite god of mythology, kinda' sucked to see him the first to go so quickly...) was immense. The Titan battle was pretty good(think it's with Chronos again). The puzzles in this game, though, were much easier to figure out. Not very many brain teasers. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing for most long time players.
   The only thing I wasn't too fond of, was the story itself....I know it's a silly game-story, to provide an excuse for Kratos to hack and slash the gods of Olympus. But it was a bit too corny for my tastes, for what it was. I think out of all the games, the weakest story was in the latest GoW game. Just a bit of a jumbled mess. Don't want to spoil it for any one who hasn't bought or beaten it yet, but it's just feels a bit...slapped together? I guess I'm a guy who needs a solid story before details get into the mixing bag.
   However, this is one of the few exceptions, where the graphics and battles are enough to push silly story line issues aside, and make a great game...awesome stuff here.

*still waiting for Super Street Fighter IV to come out, so I can get frustrated with getting my arse whooped online*

As a side note, I've been getting into reading comics as of late. I usually get about 3 volumes/comics a month. Been getting so addicted, now I'm getting 6(especially Marvel comics...that's right, I'm getting it for the story line!....The B.o.b.=hypocrite) Gotta' calm this down, probably need to save up for something later on that'll be important...oh, and some of you guys that mentioned it a couple of months to a year back were right: Scott Pilgrim books are definitely awesome...still not sure about the movie though...

/end rant
my back hurts...

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #1543 on: April 20, 2010, 08:08:49 am
I finally fixed my computer! Damn the screen on this thing is huge... how did I function for so long on my crappy old laptop?  :lol:

Haha The B.O.B. Corny stories... gaming's speciality. Unfortunately.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #1544 on: April 20, 2010, 10:21:55 pm
Hay guys....I havent had to calibrate my monitor in a good while, but I have to calibrate my monitor and I cant seem to find the old calibration option in my control panel, which if I remember right is installed with photoshop...anybody know what's a current day free option to calibrate it?

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #1545 on: April 21, 2010, 12:16:56 am
Hay guys....I havent had to calibrate my monitor in a good while, but I have to calibrate my monitor and I cant seem to find the old calibration option in my control panel, which if I remember right is installed with photoshop...anybody know what's a current day free option to calibrate it?
Indeed, Photoshop used to come installed with a calibration in your Control Panel... but it looks like newer versions don't(at least I don't see it with my CS3). If you have a graphics card, most of the time the drivers will come with a custom graphics control panel. Usually they will have a calibration setting.

If this is possibly, it'd probably be much better than a free alternative, as the ones I have found for that will load the profile as a program(thus not taking effect until Windows is fully booted and has to stay open and so on). This annoyed me, personally.

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #1546 on: April 22, 2010, 04:01:59 pm
Hi,

since many here love the C64 (palette), I thought I'd better inform you that today I released the 2nd preview of HOC INIT EXIT, a toy game for the C64 I fiddle with in my spare time.

Check it out on CSDb and enjoy!

Offline Rosse

• ssero
    • bluecrystalrod
    • View Profile

Reply #1547 on: April 22, 2010, 05:17:14 pm
I feel a bit bad about posting this in Off-Topic (and not a new thread, heh ;) ), but still:

It seems Henk Nieborg has updated his pixinspace.com website. Check it out, great stuff!

And on another note, I was just watching Lomax Longplay video. For those who need additional inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70hUi_B0CdY (Part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeUtBG0slp8 (Part 2)

and maybe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgseYSBMOa8 (Flink)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeBVhq1IEqA (Lionheart)

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #1548 on: April 22, 2010, 08:13:13 pm
Man Henk Nieborg makes awesome art, I have to say. It just looks like most of what he does belongs to the same game, though. Not saying he could/should change it, just something I've noticed.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:16:12 pm by Dr D »

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Reply #1549 on: April 22, 2010, 09:47:37 pm
that's funny, I was looking at that site the other day thinking "I wonder when he's going to update this?" I can kinda see what you mean Dr D about it all being similar. Still though, absolutely beautiful stuff. and surprisingly few colours in the newer work. Unlike Lomax, which was a full on aa fest. Henk will always be number 1 game pixel artist for me.