AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004246 times)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1380 on: March 01, 2010, 11:15:43 pm
Main difference between bamboo and intuos, btw, is that the intuos feels smoother in lots of ways, and is more comfortable. More rubber, more smooth surfaces - bamboo is more about the hard plastic.

It makes all the difference. Using an intuos feels like ... drawing - but digitally! using a bamboo feels like .. using an intuos - but with hard plastic! haha. Intuos clearly wins there - whenever I start making some money out of freelancing I WILL buy an intuos - comfort is important stuff!
' _ '

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #1381 on: March 02, 2010, 01:39:57 am
But really, what can I say aside from that they both feel swell to work with and pretty accurate too - compared to my previous horrible experiences with the graphire I must say I dig the current Wacom tablets!

I've had a Graphire3 for ages and I don't really have a problem with it at all. I suppose if I tried an Intuos I'd probably never be able to go back, though,  :lol:

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #1382 on: March 02, 2010, 01:48:38 am
Bamboos are quite nice. They have the same resolution as the old Intuos3. The resolution on the new Intuos4 is double that, but I haven't gotten a chance to try one.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #1383 on: March 02, 2010, 02:03:22 am
I have a wacom graphire4 a5. I've had it for a fair while, and it has been brilliant, but the rubber on the pen has decayed so it's not perfect to hold. Also the eraser end of the pen only works like the pen side, I can't get it to work like it used to (even after reinstalling and going to default settings etc). I hear if you drop them too much they mess up, so it could be that. If I were to buy a new one, I would look at the wacom intuos first, although I have no experience using one.

Offline Mori

• Gao!
    • View Profile

Reply #1384 on: March 02, 2010, 06:07:17 am
I had a Graphire3, but only one of the 4x5 models. It lasted me for several years before I became more serious in using them and upgraded to an Intuos3 9x12.  The difference was immediate, and immense.  The lines from the Intuos are significantly cleaner, the tablet itself is much smoother, and the shortcut buttons surprisingly useful. 

I recently purchased a Bamboo Pen tablet so I could have a tablet for mobile usage, and I have to say I'm really impressed, even considering the Intuos.  The texture on the surface is quite enjoyable, and the wider format is more natural, especially if you're using it on or with a laptop.  The pen isn't as comfortable as the Intuos, as it is not as ergonomic and lacks both a rubber grip and eraser, but the quality of the Bamboo itself is also worth mentioning: the lines are smooth and it is decent at handling broad movements. I'd say it's nearly as good as the Intuos (although the Intuos is still better for higher resolution work (I use the Bamboo on a 1920x1200 display, and the Intuos on a 2560x1600, and have almost no problem with moderately broad strokes on either)).

From what I hear, the Intuos4 have the same texture and many upgrades similar to the Bamboo line (increased pressure levels, faster response, higher sensitivity, etc.), so I'd say that if you were at all serious about using it to supplement your drawing, and already were comfortable with a tablet, this would be the category to go for.  Unless, of course, you can afford that incredibly sexy new Cintiq 21UX (or a secondhand last-gen, or the 12WX).

So anyway, hi again. Good to see many of the "oldies" are still around, even after the last 3-5 years.

(Anyone heard from goat recently?)
Hey, #pixelation is still around on irc.sorcery.net. So point your favorite IRC client that way and hang a while.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #1385 on: March 02, 2010, 08:21:24 pm
2 years ahaha <3

On tablets, I tried my friend's new Intuos4 after several years of an Intuos3 and it felt good! Not too different, but enough to make me more comfy with it all.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #1386 on: March 02, 2010, 09:09:48 pm

messages if you're a moderator ramp up fast

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1387 on: March 04, 2010, 08:43:15 pm
I love my 6x8 Intuos3. It does all that I want. I tried a 9x12 Genius tablet and it's total garbage; always screwing up, having errors, pressure sensitivity failing, etc. My intuos3 doesn't do that. I don't even feel a desire to have an intuos4.

Helm expressed his feelings on the cintique once, starting here.

Offline vierbit

• 0.09 posts per day
    • View Profile

Reply #1388 on: March 04, 2010, 09:15:21 pm
Thanks for the opinions. But to be honest I´m more unsure than before  :huh:.
Well, probably better I take the risk and just buy one and see how it is.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #1389 on: March 06, 2010, 01:00:55 am