AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004540 times)

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1330 on: February 09, 2010, 01:43:55 pm
Wow I just had an incredible dream. Only just woke up and ran down to my desk to write it down and turned on the pc. Literally my entire vision was a very low resolution 8-bit/1-bit adventure game. It involved a party of characters, each with their own abilities which you could switch between. Some had more health, some could crouch to get into tight spaces. I think at the start it had more resolution and more detail - for example I found a disguise in a lift (just a jacket and trousers) and later a polaroid photo that was important to the story. Later on the background was black - the character was 1 colour and it was pretty much a platformer with pivots and fire. Although you could get items, for example a pink square, which would make you immune to pink fire.  :crazy:

I'm trying to write all the ideas down but it's just becoming less epic as I lose the memory.  :n:

Pixel art has become a subconscious obsession! Just thought i'd share.  :D

Offline Lizzrd

• View Profile

Reply #1331 on: February 09, 2010, 01:52:29 pm
 :(

Why don't I get to have awesome dreams?
Photocopier: the fact that arne can also code so well
Photocopier: is horrificly unfair

Offline Jorund

• View Profile

Reply #1332 on: February 09, 2010, 02:02:26 pm

Maybe you do, but you just forget them. Do what Larwick did with his dream, write down every little piece you remember of them (when you do remember something), and you'll gradually start to remember more and more. When you are a dream saavi, you'll even have the chance to control them sometimes.

That's what I read :P
And for a couple of weeks I was able to do it, then I stop having a notebook near my bed and stop writing, so... everything fade away. :/
I should start again, one time I had a kind of out of body experience. I could not only see my body laying in bed sleeping, I could touch my arm and lift it. Then some kind of dragon enter the bedroom and ... the end. I hate when that happens.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #1333 on: February 09, 2010, 02:23:02 pm

]

Eat cheese before bed, it makes you sleep better and can enhance your dreams. Lol.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-362101/Sweet-dreams-cheese.html

Offline Lizzrd

• View Profile

Reply #1334 on: February 09, 2010, 04:25:42 pm
I will try.

Lol, cheddar makes you dream about celebs.
Photocopier: the fact that arne can also code so well
Photocopier: is horrificly unfair

Offline ArcherofLight

• Hi! I'm Archer, a.k.a. Kyre.
    • View Profile

Reply #1335 on: February 11, 2010, 03:19:05 am
Alright. I'm in need of a good rant, so here goes:

I just started doing WarHammer 40000, and have been extremely happy sitting here painting and building Tau Fire Warriors. The drones were th easiest, and I'm not entirely sure how to do the commander's head. I have two paint styles, I'd show you guys but at the moment I don't have any way of taking pictures.

I also just found out that I got into the IB program, or International Baccalaureate, which is the most advanced educational program available. Where I am, less that 100 students make it in each year, not counting people who join in tenth grade, and this year the number is exactly 49. Meaning I am VERY lucky. I probably wont be doing much spriting or anything now, because I'll be working really hard. As far as i know, none of my friends will be in it, and I'll be the only student from my middle school in the program, at least for another year.

I'm also selling cookie dough for a band fundraiser, PM me with your name and address if you want cookies. I'll give you a list of cookie dough types, and when you choose I'll need you to send a check filled out to Northglenn Middle School. After about the 28th or so, maybe as late as half-way through March, I'll mail you cookies made from the cookie dough you chose(we can't mail frozen cookie dough, the 'waiting area' we have to ship through is un-air conditioned and really freaking hot).

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #1336 on: February 11, 2010, 05:24:58 pm
I realize I sometimes have incredibly exciting dreams but I'm just in a state in my life where I can't appreciate it.

I can dream about being a ninja being shot off by a catapult sneaking around on rooftops in some kind of grand scheme and it still feels mundane because that's just my general mood in teh LIEF at the moment.

Recently, though, I dreamed me and my family were flying through space and holy crap it was awesome and space was pretty radical yo. Very empty and vast. Also very crowded when I think about it but still. Space <3

So yes. Sometimes I have awesome dreams but I can't appreciate them

Sometimes I just have dreams about, I dunno, meeting a fictional person and I'm in a state where I'm immensely touched by it ...

for me how I experience my dreams has a lot to do with ... how my inner workings decide to interpret them.
' _ '

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #1337 on: February 11, 2010, 06:01:25 pm
Sometimes i constantly dose off in the bus, every time waking up from a different dream. It feels like time works very differently when dreaming.... like you can wake up from a dream that has a half an hour of memories, but it's really just taken a few minutes. It's a VERY bizarre feeling when it happens a few times in a row.

Space stuff is always welcome, yup. Recently i dreamed about doing a kamehameha..... which was totally awesome and stuffz.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #1338 on: February 11, 2010, 06:20:36 pm
I had a dream last night. It stared with parachuting buses, evolved into a prank involving speaking the word "douching" over an air port PA, and ended with someone getting arrested. Oh, and the parachuting scene had kick ass metal music playing.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #1339 on: February 11, 2010, 06:37:49 pm
   I'm not sure if I'm just that forgetful, but sometimes I feel like when I dream it's about a 5 min. black out, and I wake up the next day to continue with the mundane life I live. And if I do dream, I've noticed how the general theme of my dream is constantly changing. I always found this strange, and wondered why the brain does this.
   When I'm in my supposed conscious state, I'm getting full control over my actions, and have somewhat control over things around me; but in dream state, I'm just a part of a larger state of chaos. The story has no plot, and my actions don't have mirrored reality reactions. I wonder why this is? I would think that given enough time, a person's brain would develop to understand rules, and implement them into our brain as a strong function of society and survival. Yet, my brain betrays me in the state of dream realm, breaking every real world rule: Electricity is a fallacy in dreamworld, Being chased by people who want to murder you(with possible good reason to do so), and when they catch you, they serve you food and tell you about their dreams or past lives(like a bad movie with no consistent plot), things come back from the dead, food, drinks, fighting, falling, all point to a feeling or anxiety, rather than physical consequence(at least in my personal experience). And in dreams, I've noticed that there's perfect timing in a "nightmare", where one is on the brink of death and they wake up in a cold sweat. Is a brain within a conscious state of itself, having fun with it's puppet?
   Why would a brain do this, though? What is it's general reason for this? I've heard or read some things that dreams are just the result of day to day actions, and monotony, built into a simple "movie' sequence, possibly designed for the brain to "save" it into it's "hardrive". Sounds a bit reasonable. But that's what it's doing. It's function. I'm just wanting to know why it does this.
   Despite the conscious state of knowing certain things, when in sleep state, the brain tends to revert back to complete fantasy, if not controlled with the likes of Lucid dreaming. When dogs sleep, they certainly  look like they're dreaming, when they begin to run their paws in the air, bark lightly to themselves, or suckling, as if they're remembering when they were pups. So it seems humans aren't the only ones that dream. Looks as if 2 different species can share other "outworldly" states. And if we're a product of evolution, how big a part would dreaming come into play into developing a species further down the evolutionary ladder? How far back does it go, until there are creatures that possibly can't dream? Do bacteria ever sleep, or cells ever sleep? I know of daydreaming, but with a creature that never sleeps, would that mean that if it's capable of dreaming, would it have a harder time discerning reality and fantasy during it's day to day life?

Yeah, I ask too many questions. I'm sure there are answers for these, but hard for me to understand. To summarize, though, I love dreaming. My life is nothing but order, so I'm glad there is time in my day to let chaos take effect in dream world(my favorite part of the day...:) )

my back hurts...