AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004390 times)

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1290 on: January 14, 2010, 05:28:33 pm
Speaking of things breaking, Wii no longer reads discs. Being sent in for repairs. :ouch: Ohh the irony.

I've been concerned with my Wii doing that. Currently when I turn it on it sounds like a 747 taking off. Some times makes me worry that my discs are going to come out mangled.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #1291 on: January 15, 2010, 02:49:50 am
Woooooo, RRoD is back :(
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1292 on: January 15, 2010, 03:18:45 am
I've been concerned with my Wii doing that. Currently when I turn it on it sounds like a 747 taking off. Some times makes me worry that my discs are going to come out mangled.

If you have an external harddrive or usb with more than 8 GB and an SD card it's fairly easy to set up an hd loader on the wii, and the only side effect is the inability to update the firmware. I did this and there were no ill effects, it still worked perfectly online to. And you should be fine legally so long as you only back up games you own. If you're interested either Google it or send me a PM and I'll help you out ;)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #1293 on: January 20, 2010, 12:54:53 am
My first decent picture as a DJ. Party's nearly over in that picture, but it was a total riot before.

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #1294 on: January 20, 2010, 06:08:47 am
apple tablet will probably announced this jan. 28.
I wonder how good and useful it is going to be :P

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #1295 on: January 20, 2010, 03:57:21 pm
GAARG my laptop broke AARGG!!!

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #1296 on: January 22, 2010, 05:22:51 am
Wow, new Firefox 'Whats New?' page sucks now. Used to be so simple, with a single link to see in detail all the things added and fixed... now it links to video and page for convincing you to download Firefox, even though I already have it? So ya... where can I find a list of the fixes/additions without viewing a video? This is making it harder to find out when they've finally added the filtering fix.

edit: nevermind, finally found them here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.6/releasenotes/, and still doesn't look like the filter fix is in this version :(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:48:14 am by Dusty »

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1297 on: January 22, 2010, 08:03:23 am
The fix is in it, or at least in the pre-release versions I've been using.

EDIT: Just installed 3.6, definitely fixed, just add the following lines to usercontent.css

img[src$=".gif"] { image-rendering: -moz-crisp-edges; -ms-interpolation-mode: nearest-neighbor; }
img[src$=".png"] { image-rendering: -moz-crisp-edges; -ms-interpolation-mode: nearest-neighbor; }
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:29:58 pm by 32 »

Offline Jorund

• View Profile

Reply #1298 on: January 22, 2010, 12:01:00 pm
Wow, new Firefox 'Whats New?' page sucks now. Used to be so simple, with a single link to see in detail all the things added and fixed.

When I read your comment, first didn't get it, because I updated... I don't know, I think it was last week, and everything seemed good. Just updated to 1.6, and yes the new page sucks. They showed you this stupid personas thing which i hate. There is nothing showing NEW things in the what's new page. ¬¬'
It looks more of a page to someone who never used firefox and just installed it.

PS: It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot :D

EDIT: If someone is not comfortable with the new tab behaviour (they open next to the active one, not at the end), change in about:config, tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent to false.
I had an Add-On that would do that, but is not yet updated to 3.6.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:12:25 pm by Jorund »

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #1299 on: January 22, 2010, 12:52:18 pm
EDIT: If someone is not comfortable with the new tab behaviour (they open next to the active one, not at the end), change in about:config, tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent to false.
I had an Add-On that would do that, but is not yet updated to 3.6.
HAHA. I was JUST looking through about:config for that. The new tab feature is so annoying and them not including an option in the... what, 5 or so checkboxes in options is pretty lazy. Thanks for that.

Just tried that fix out by adding a userContent.css file to my .../profiles/chrome/ directory, and it didn't seem to work :(

edit: Seems it does work, and I got the wrong directory! For those interested and can't find it, you'll want to be looking for something like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Dusty\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bfygf2z4.default\chrome
From there you'll be creating a file named userContent.css, if it doesn't already exist(you can either just copy/paste the example file they have, or just create a txt and rename it), and adding in what 32 posted.

This is such a happy day. I will have to retrain my mind to start using the pixelation zoom again!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:06:04 pm by Dusty »