AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1010532 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1280 on: January 13, 2010, 06:42:39 am

This never stops being funny to do for me
(it's gone now, of course)

Offline Stefano

• 10 different types of soup
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile

Reply #1281 on: January 13, 2010, 10:55:52 am
Haha! I do that too (and laugh every time).
Every tried the "Hulk Hogan"? How about the "Katamari damacy" or the "vigilante"?

Funny stuff.

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #1282 on: January 13, 2010, 10:58:45 am
That mustache makes you look like there is a girl tied in your basement

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Reply #1283 on: January 13, 2010, 04:24:45 pm
I've been tempted to buy a 360 but aren't they pretty much guaranteed to get red ring of death after a couple years?

That mustache makes you look like there is a girl tied in your basement
LOL!  :lol:
For Helm or anyone else who has ever had one, do people treat you differently when you grow a 'tache?

Offline Photocopier

• View Profile

Reply #1284 on: January 13, 2010, 04:32:22 pm
I've been tempted to buy a 360 but aren't they pretty much guaranteed to get red ring of death after a couple years?

don't let that stop you, I've had about five since I got mine (pretty much when it came out) and I've never had to pay anything for it, they've fixed it up and given me a month free xbox live every time.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #1285 on: January 13, 2010, 04:45:45 pm
Just get one. I've never gotten the RRoD and I've had mines for a little over a year. And if you do, they have an extended 3-year warranty for it. Just try to keep it well ventilated and cool(overheating warps the board and causes the RRoD).

Offline Jorund

• View Profile

Reply #1286 on: January 13, 2010, 06:22:56 pm
One of the many reason of why I stopped watching pixel art on DeviantArt:
Kiss the Girl

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Reply #1287 on: January 14, 2010, 01:25:50 am
One of the many reason of why I stopped watching pixel art on DeviantArt:
Kiss the Girl

Why is that even allowed on deviant art? Don't they take stuff like that down?

As for RRod, out of the 4 people I know who have an Xbox every single one of them has had it die atleast 3 times, my one friends Xboxes warranty recently ran out, this is his 5th time he's gotten the red ring and now he has to buy a new Xbox. He'd left it in a well ventilated area and his house was usually quite chilly. Judging from the horror stories I've heard from people with Xboxes I'd save your money. On the other hand, fixing Xboxes is a very good buisiness, my girlfriend worked at a second hand video game store and the business basically survived off of fixing Xboxes. It's amazing how many people are willing to shell out 80 bucks to not wait for 2-3weeks for their console to get fixed. (anywhere from 5-8 people a day)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 01:29:14 am by Jakten »

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Reply #1288 on: January 14, 2010, 07:47:55 am
If that doesn't get taken down, I've lost all hope for DeviantArt. ;(

don't let that stop you, I've had about five since I got mine (pretty much when it came out) and I've never had to pay anything for it, they've fixed it up and given me a month free xbox live every time.

It's cool that they give you a months free xbox live, :y: but 5 times is pretty excessive imo. I like to get max life out of everything, I mean I still play the PS2 and I've had that for about 7 years. Though supposedly in the newer Xboxes the problem has been resolved? And Jakten that's exactly what I don't want to happen, warrenty running out and having to buy a new one, or going back for repairs every month. Hassle hassle. I still really want one though.  :P

Speaking of things breaking, Wii no longer reads discs. Being sent in for repairs. :ouch: Ohh the irony.

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1289 on: January 14, 2010, 09:52:49 am
My brother bought a new elite xbox about half a year ago (after his first one broke several times and then its warranty ran out) and he's already sent it back once, so I don't think the problem is fixed.

Best to check out the games you want and see if the majority of them are on the PS3, which as far as I know aren't nearly as prone to breakage, and the price is comparable now. Otherwise you're pretty much guaranteed to have to send it back for repair at some point.

Unless you are particularly set on the new gen consoles, go and buy some ps2 games off ebay you've never played, I guarantee there's a bunch of great games you've never even heard of.