AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1010003 times)

Offline Dex

• ---
    • adamfergusonart
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11794.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1270 on: January 01, 2010, 06:06:37 am
Happy New Year, everyone! Let's hope 2010 brings even better things than 2009! :)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #1271 on: January 01, 2010, 06:33:43 am
HAPPY NEW YEARS YOU GUYS!!!!
Party hardy, safely!

Happy new year guys.

I got a question about ProMotion 5, not worth making a topic for though.
How do you select something? Seriously. Am I just a morron for not having figured out how to do this, or does ProMotion not have a selection box?
(It seems so illogical that it doesn't have one. Seeing as it's a proffesional program, and even Paint has this basic option)

Heh, I remember the first time I got Promotion I had the same basic question, being used to MS Paint's quirks. You're gonna' have to get used to the "animated brush" selection option(the dotted square) and the "freehand brush" selection option(the lasso) to take the place of the selection tool in Promotion. It's a bit jarring at first, but you'll get used to it within about 4-5 pieces. Trust me on this one, I'm a hardcore MS paint user, and Promotion is DEFINITELY friendly to ex-MSpaint users. It'll even get to the point, where Promotion may surpass your expectations of MSPaint. You'll become so used to hot-keys, that you'll be scratching your head when using mspaint, and finding that your left hand is hitting hot keys for no reason(in my experience, that's the one thing my brain keeps forgetting, when transitioning from PM to MSP)
my back hurts...

Offline Photocopier

• View Profile

Reply #1272 on: January 01, 2010, 10:22:13 am
If you want to move something, after making the brush right click to delete what's underneath it. otherwise just use the brush to copy it for you.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #1273 on: January 02, 2010, 05:33:54 pm
So much for the tenth Doctor. David Tennant was great, and the new series just got better season after season. Timothy Dalton was a good villain in the final episodes, that was a fun thing to see.

I'm very suspicious of this 11th emo-kid Doctor.

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Reply #1274 on: January 02, 2010, 05:58:10 pm
In terms of Doctor Who all I have seen are the Tom Baker and Peter Davison years. Though I'm slowly making my way up to the current one. From what I've seen David Tennent seemed like a great doctor who because he is naturally bizarre. I think the new guy seems alright though, he's just not as quirky.

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Reply #1275 on: January 11, 2010, 08:27:37 pm
Anyone else played VVVVVV yet?

Just completed the demo. Game is awesome. Music is superb. I'm wondering how much more immersive it would be if graphics were to the standard of everything else. Still <3 it very much tho.

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Reply #1276 on: January 12, 2010, 04:33:09 am
That was a pretty fun demo, the music was amazing I wonder if there is anywhere I can get some mp3s of it. I agree the graphics could have been a bit more interesting. I liked them though for the most part, I liked the naming of every room. I dunno why but I missed when video games did that.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #1277 on: January 12, 2010, 01:11:03 pm
Woooooo, I fixed my 360!  ;D

Now I'm just left with this horrible feeling that the red ring will come back :D

edit-
I loved VVVVVV's demo, $20 NZD feels a little steep for the full game, but I might cave and buy it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 01:38:22 pm by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #1278 on: January 13, 2010, 05:56:27 am
Yours came back from the dead .TakaM? Mine died on 360's 4th year anniversary day. RROD.
How'd you fix it?

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #1279 on: January 13, 2010, 06:10:33 am
replaced the heat pads on the motherboard, they were all melted. :-X
Life without knowledge is death in disguise