AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1013166 times)

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1240 on: December 14, 2009, 10:56:04 am
Am i the only one who thinks e-readers aren't that amazing technology wise?  I thought we were well ahead of B&W screens.  Everyone thinks they're the shiznit though.  odd.

Haha, yes you are!  They're incredibly easy on the eyes, because each "pixel" is phyisically flipped over (I think).  So it only ever uses power when it's changing page so they last ages between charges.  Have you seen on in real life?  They look like paper!  I wasn't impressed till I saw one.  I never really read, to my shame, but I'd probably get one if I did.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #1241 on: December 14, 2009, 01:28:18 pm
I agree with the above. It's amazing technology really. You get literally no eye strain, it's just like paper.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #1242 on: December 14, 2009, 01:47:56 pm
Indeed, they do not have the problem of looking at a fucking bright screen which burns your eyes while reading.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #1243 on: December 14, 2009, 03:14:25 pm
When they make one that simulates the crisp feel of paper between my fingers and the faintly moldy aroma of ancient knowledge, I'll give them a try.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #1244 on: December 15, 2009, 12:38:03 am
I can't wait till they get them in colour. Should be perfect for my college texts. All I could think about while reading my intro to architecture text was how cool it would be to be reading it on a dual screen e reader with one screen for text and the other for pictures. Clicking a word would bring up a small text box with the definition. Clicking any text would also bring up relevant pictures on the alternate screen to go with the material, all of it in glorious colour now that there's no economic penalty for displaying all colour pics. And not only would there be colour pics, but shitloads of pictures, too, from all kinds of angles.

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #1245 on: December 15, 2009, 02:54:17 am
Over the course of the past two months I learned that our company might be bought out by Zynga, flew out to San Francisco for an interview by Zynga, learned that we were indeed being bought out by Zynga, and then subsequently left behind what was my life in Wisconsin in order to start anew in California. Surprisingly, it doesn't seem much has changed. I've got a few friends who moved out here from Wisco a while back, and the team that I've been working with over the past three or four years all moved out here, too. So now, I'm basically doing the exact same thing that I was before, just in a new area, and from an actual office instead of my house.

Two things.

1) If there's anybody in the San Francisco area that likes meeting awesome new people, let me know, as I'm down to make more friends.

2) If there are any flash developers looking for a really great place to work, Zynga is aggressively hiring and offers some amazing benefits to boot.

This is the first time I read about your company status,  but you need to be aware <knowing is half the battle lol> . Zynga has a notorious reputation from stealing art content , putting questionable malware/spyware on their games <Iesnare>. Terrible customer service and they also love to replicate existing games that in the end they got sued and have to pay millions of dollars. I don't know how they treat their employees.. So good luck to that mate.

and behold Zynga CEO. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7YaVVpK1G4
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 11:21:47 am by Froli »

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #1246 on: December 15, 2009, 03:03:01 am

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1247 on: December 15, 2009, 05:48:54 am

donations please

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #1248 on: December 15, 2009, 03:30:15 pm
I'll be repainting my room this week since it looking like shit for years now lol. I've been thinking of light blue... Is there any good color scheme that helps a persons mood to stay active and do his work  :P

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1249 on: December 17, 2009, 12:54:41 pm
I know that when it comes to painting classrooms, color theory is applied so the effects of the room's color is optimal for student performance. Search that a little, I don't remember the conclusions.