AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1009904 times)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1220 on: December 02, 2009, 04:18:05 am
I made a GM logo for a game I was making once upon a time.

They started off with a nice enough logo. If they wanted something more modern they could've just added lens flare and called it a day. On the other hand, I think this new logo proved my observation that the GM community was useless and at most 13 years old.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1221 on: December 02, 2009, 05:31:16 am
But hey, Albert made a quick 250 off of it. All hale spec work contests! Rape all graphic designers! Abuse the entire design industry! I couldn't care less about game maker, I don't use it. I love the comments below, though!

The walrus is done. It's incredibly boring, yay me. Gotta improve my brush set now.

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Reply #1222 on: December 04, 2009, 06:23:27 am
I was wondering if someone could help me out. I did some searching around the forums and wasn't able to find what I was looking for.

Quite a few months back Helm (I think) Posted a video of a shmup game, there was a part in the game where you pull up the wall of a building and the way they had the background laid out it gave a weird illusion of the ship pulling up.
I was wondering if someone could tell me the name of this game or even better point me toward the video.

I'm interested in using this idea for a game if I can figure out how they did it.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #1223 on: December 04, 2009, 07:21:48 am
Hmm, I thought it was Dondonpachi, but I didn't see the youtube link in the critique thread so I dunno...

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Reply #1225 on: December 04, 2009, 08:59:49 am
YES! That is the thread, Thank you! this actually turned out better than i thought, I didn't realize people were trying to figure out how it was done as well lol.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #1226 on: December 04, 2009, 09:12:29 am

Offline #36005A

• View Profile

Reply #1227 on: December 06, 2009, 09:06:29 pm
Over the course of the past two months I learned that our company might be bought out by Zynga, flew out to San Francisco for an interview by Zynga, learned that we were indeed being bought out by Zynga, and then subsequently left behind what was my life in Wisconsin in order to start anew in California. Surprisingly, it doesn't seem much has changed. I've got a few friends who moved out here from Wisco a while back, and the team that I've been working with over the past three or four years all moved out here, too. So now, I'm basically doing the exact same thing that I was before, just in a new area, and from an actual office instead of my house.

Two things.

1) If there's anybody in the San Francisco area that likes meeting awesome new people, let me know, as I'm down to make more friends.

2) If there are any flash developers looking for a really great place to work, Zynga is aggressively hiring and offers some amazing benefits to boot.
Heh, my cousin works at Zynga. Good luck and congrats!

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #1228 on: December 07, 2009, 06:54:55 pm
Weird. My vision had gotten really blurry and i got my eyes checked. Now i can pixel again with my new glasses, and surprisingly the reason for a big problem of mine was found in the process.
Before i saw everything skewed and warped a little bit so i had a problem with symmetry. Now it's fixed, but warped had become normal to me, so now normal seems so wrong, i can't even hold my balance properly.

Also now i realize why i got so many comments at work about lack of AA or too heavy lines.......

Offline Photocopier

• View Profile

Reply #1229 on: December 07, 2009, 08:32:52 pm
Weird. My vision had gotten really blurry and i got my eyes checked. Now i can pixel again with my new glasses, and surprisingly the reason for a big problem of mine was found in the process.
Before i saw everything skewed and warped a little bit so i had a problem with symmetry. Now it's fixed, but warped had become normal to me, so now normal seems so wrong, i can't even hold my balance properly.

Also now i realize why i got so many comments at work about lack of AA or too heavy lines.......
Damn, I'm sorry for you man.