AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004779 times)

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #900 on: June 23, 2009, 08:34:47 pm
hi my name is clement and I´m a linux

Ubuntu Studio is great. Going to have to get used to the GIMP or use Wine and GG for pixel art, though.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #901 on: June 24, 2009, 01:32:53 am
One more person in the world capable of buying and enjoying a drink.  One thing i wish i'd done was start with good drinks rather than like...PBR and Smirnoff.  I personally recommend Laphroaig single-malt whisky for price and quality, get like a $30 bottle and share the love with some good friends.  Oh and: Please become an 'adult' responsibly :P.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #902 on: June 24, 2009, 01:18:04 pm
You can do a lot worse than PBR and Smirnoff. :)

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Reply #903 on: June 24, 2009, 01:51:51 pm
Here here to that!

Natty Ice, Blatz, Hamms, and Steel Reserve make for much worse beers. Skol and Fleischmann's are just 2 of the many appaling vodkas out there.

But, if you don't experience shit beer and liquour, how can you appreciate the good stuff?

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #904 on: June 24, 2009, 01:53:12 pm
went to an irresponsibly late showing on Transformers 2 last night.
It was cool... I think I liked it... the first one had more charm though. There are some absolutely amazing fights in the new one and the robots got more dialogue/story. Also Shia LeBouf and his ridiculous parents are still great. But the twins (whatever their names are) will annoy the crap out of you, they're not funny and actually pretty racist. Also Megan Fox can not act, to the point where I feel bad for her. For 90% of the film she looks and talks like she's advertising a 1-900 number. Some of her lines made my sphincter clench. On the Sequel-O-Meter I'd say it's closer to Ghostbusters 2 than Empire Strikes Back.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Scribblette

• View Profile
    • Livejournal

Reply #905 on: June 24, 2009, 02:11:24 pm
I saw Megan Fox recently in whatchamacallit, How to Lose Friends and Alienate People, and then saw Transformers. It is probably the characters I've seen her as (people keep giving her the bitch to play?) or what, but for me she came off with no personal charisma - raw sex only. I really don't see why people compare her to Jolie - Jolie still comes across as very soft at points, even in her hard flicks.

Hoping the new fight scenes in Transformers 2 will be more readable than the last. I loved it til halfway through, then couldn't work out which robot was which for all the metal bits mashing together. And the ending, with Sam moving backwards away from whosname, his back towards wassname, then suddenly the camera angle changes and he twists around but you don't see him twisting and then he's doing something with his back towards whosname and facing wassname and you're going "Who did what now for why now!?" and walk out of the cinema thinking it was nonsensical self-sacrifice, not murder! @_@
Now reading: Animator's Survival Kit, Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain, Fun With A Pencil. No time to pixel!
Pixelated Anatomy|Foliage

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #906 on: June 24, 2009, 02:42:14 pm
The first half of the sequel is much more read-able... there is an AMAZING fight in a new england forest. it devolves back into visual anarchy later on.

Megan Fox seems to sedated to even be that sexy. Most of the time she seems to be on horse tranquilizers.

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #907 on: June 24, 2009, 05:10:14 pm
In college, the standard vodka was Vladimir, which cost about $9.50 USD for a half-gallon. Then my friends and I found you could save a bit of money by getting Crown Russe for $9.00. Remembering those days makes my liver shudder.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 05:14:47 pm by big brother »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #908 on: June 24, 2009, 07:11:01 pm
Well, I shrewdly avoided contact with college, yes that's right I'm an unlearned hack, but regardless of my missing college alchohol education I'd say my evolution of a-juice is going well. Can't do liquor anymore, currently it's just me and ol' george killian. I think we're a good team.

And I can't post w/o a random spam image, screw descriptions, it's for a game surprise surprise
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:14:50 pm by Mathias »

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #909 on: June 25, 2009, 02:38:49 am
You shrewdly avoided massive piles of debt, STDs, and abominably crappy beer as well. Your loss.

I thought that was a submarine at first and was a little disappointed to realize it's actually a spaceship. But it still looks awesome!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 02:40:26 am by Ben2theEdge »