AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1013094 times)

Offline Charlieton

• awkward dancer
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2460 on: July 12, 2012, 03:09:50 pm
Break a leg!  ;D
Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte gillar dig, men det gör jag; tror jag

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #2461 on: July 12, 2012, 09:58:16 pm
Has anybody seen Ian McQue's Stuff?
http://mcqueconcept.blogspot.com/2012/07/odds-ends-wips-etc.html
I dig the way he uses sharp brushes so often reminds me of pixelart, plus his flying heaps of junk world is just enthralling =)

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Who - Retro Sprite Gallery

Reply #2462 on: July 12, 2012, 10:22:40 pm
Rain drove away half our audience during the show (ah the risks of doing an outdoor play) but we stuck it out to the end and goddamn I loved it.  I dunno what it was.  Maybe newfound confidence or the fact rain makes me happy (I go running in it, cos it just makes me less stressed) or whatever.  I really felt I gave as good a performance as I possibly could.  Realy happy with it all despite the loss of half the audience.  Two more nights to go. :)
NES, Amiga & Amstrad CPC inspired
I know nothing about pixel art
http://carnivac.tumblr.com/

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #2463 on: July 12, 2012, 10:57:16 pm
Rain drove away half our audience during the show (ah the risks of doing an outdoor play) but we stuck it out to the end and goddamn I loved it.  I dunno what it was.  Maybe newfound confidence or the fact rain makes me happy (I go running in it, cos it just makes me less stressed) or whatever.  I really felt I gave as good a performance as I possibly could.  Realy happy with it all despite the loss of half the audience.  Two more nights to go. :)
:o
Rain?!?!?
 :o

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #2464 on: July 13, 2012, 09:48:10 pm
Worst day ever... Just as I felt like I was starting to feel confident in myself, this is what happened:

I start the day off by waking up early and getting ready quickly, gung ho about having a productive day and doing things on my own, BUT

I started by backing into my dad's fiancee's car after I remember my left arm was sprained and couldn't turn the wheel, breaking off the mirror and scraping the paint on the side.

Then I try to look for the hospital and can't find it so drive around too long but finally find it.  I get 3 shots and begin my travel to my college to drop off my health form. 

Exasperated and freaking out about what I've done, I accidentally park in a reserved parking space as I drop off my form.  I come back to my car 10 minutes later and the cops gave me a ticket.

Then a 2 hour drive back home on the highway as I reminisce on the day that basically ruined my confidence again....

And my dad won't answer the phone so I can tell him all of this, and I have lunch with the person I have immense feelings for tomorrow, though I haven't had lunch with anyone in like 6 years.

Offline nivek

• Custom Brawl!
    • View Profile
    • Toastylinks

Reply #2465 on: July 14, 2012, 07:55:19 am
@Friend - is it Friday the 13th over there?

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #2466 on: July 14, 2012, 01:41:46 pm
Yup. And it's the 3rd Friday the 13th this year, and all 3 of them were 13 weeks apart. The first time those dates happened since 1984.  Go figure...

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #2467 on: July 14, 2012, 09:44:29 pm
What is going on! I step away for a month or two and the forum is very very active. :)

Friend, I wish you the very best on your lunch date.

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #2468 on: July 15, 2012, 12:44:29 am
Hi Atnas, and thank you.  But he didn't answer  :-[  I guess I'll just have to wait... 

:-\

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #2469 on: July 15, 2012, 01:21:09 am
:< *pats you on the back*

Keep the hope alive as long as it's positive. When it turns into depression or feelings of neglect, let it go and (try to) move on. In any case, communication is important and I hope that gets better between you and him! :)

Is anyone interested in/already working on a game for the Ouya? I think Adam was porting Canabalt... It looks really cool and will probably cater to a more retro-minded audience. If it's real.