AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1012897 times)

Offline Lachie Dazdarian

• View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2450 on: July 08, 2012, 06:52:04 pm
It's about talking about her in any manner. I'm just vary about these things because....well, things change.

Never mind.

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #2451 on: July 08, 2012, 08:45:42 pm
Anyone else on the East Coast getting whacked with tons of storms and record breaking heat?  I'm near DC, and while I've gotten used to the heat (2 hour commute to work each day with no A/C), everyone else around here is sweating bullets.

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #2452 on: July 08, 2012, 08:58:44 pm
Yep, I live in VA.  It's been nothing but record breaking heat and power out storms for a while  :blind: a storm is coming again perhaps. 

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #2453 on: July 08, 2012, 10:18:13 pm
One actually just came by an hour ago for me (I'm in Fairfax), and it knocked out my power for an hour :/ it sucks because I've only lost power 5 times in my life -- 3 of those times were in the past week.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #2454 on: July 09, 2012, 01:26:29 am
Anyone else on the East Coast getting whacked with tons of storms and record breaking heat?  I'm near DC, and while I've gotten used to the heat (2 hour commute to work each day with no A/C), everyone else around here is sweating bullets.
I'm outside of DC(in PG County) and it's pretty bad. The last storm knocked out power in my apartment for about 4 days; we lost all of our food. The storm before that had that major microburst up the street from here that caused an insane amount of damage(comparable to a tornado). Now my A/C isn't working and it's fucking horrible in my apartment.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2455 on: July 09, 2012, 01:35:35 am
Everything's quiet here on the Gulf Coast. :D

My cousin lives in Virginia. They couldn't keep any plants alive in their garden last year because it kept getting flooded.

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #2456 on: July 09, 2012, 06:55:39 pm
Drummer Danny Carey is my hero- http://www.tubechop.com/watch/430722

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #2457 on: July 09, 2012, 08:16:39 pm
I guess I can post this..
start your week off with a little Borat meets Karl Pilkington :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_c6HHjc7Ww
I may try to make a better one with more borat..

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #2458 on: July 12, 2012, 02:09:01 am
I had a bit of an idea for a sort of charity-driven event as it seems like game-related charity is getting pretty big with the Humble Bundle, Speedrun events and such.

The idea would simply be that we get a bunch of game artists, be them pixel art or otherwise and livestream them making game art. This could be anything from tiles to sprites or something. They have no direction or goal, just to draw whatever they want. And as they livestream people can bid on the art and whoever gets the final bid at the end of the livestream gets a copy/rights to the graphics for their own use(I'd imagine in their own game or something).

I have never really been involved with any sort of charity event, and not even in the many time-based game development scenes like Ludum Dare's so I'm not sure how successful something like this could be, but it was just an idea.

Alternatively instead of going the route of having only one winner we could instead go the Humble Bundle route and have it where anyone who donates can get rights to the graphics. *shrug* not sure what would be the better one for raising money.

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Who - Retro Sprite Gallery

Reply #2459 on: July 12, 2012, 03:08:24 pm
Just a quick post (I see a couple private messages but will reply to those later).  My play begins in a couple hours so I'm off out in a minute to go to the venue and get changed into costume and everything.  Oddly I'm nervous and yet not, at same time.  Like two different personalities or something.  Ah well, off I go.  Wish me luck.   Raaaaagh!
NES, Amiga & Amstrad CPC inspired
I know nothing about pixel art
http://carnivac.tumblr.com/