AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1001432 times)

Offline Fawful

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2030 on: May 28, 2011, 12:24:17 pm
So much spam   :sry:
isn't that the point of offtopic?

Offline StaticSails

• View Profile

Reply #2031 on: May 28, 2011, 03:56:41 pm
So much spam   :sry:
isn't that the point of offtopic?
I believe they are referring to the spam on the forum. UPDATE YOUR SMF! USE A CAPTCHA(like) PLUG-IN!

I recommend anything with a riddle or a picture of Michael Jordan.

Offline Fawful

• View Profile

Reply #2032 on: May 28, 2011, 04:44:50 pm
oh, i hadn't noticed it

Offline Joe

• View Profile

Reply #2033 on: May 29, 2011, 04:14:41 am
LSD is better. You should try it some time.

DMT is better. You should try it some time.

I think they're almost impossible to compare.  But if you two weren't joking, then that's awesome.  And I'm curious as to what insights you've had.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2034 on: May 29, 2011, 08:29:20 pm
I haven't tried DMT, but I do LSD once or twice a year. Very good for inspiration. This lady pretty much sums up my feelings on using it:

http://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/journalism/telegraphdrugs.htm

I would mirror the things she says about exploring the best and worst parts of yourself. If you're not mentally prepared to face the darker side of yourself you can get lost in a bad trip for hours. That's why I only do it once or twice a year.

I used to smoke marijuana quite regularly, but I have found that light weekend social drinking with friends tends to mellow me out more nowadays.

Also, a huge post on LSD:

http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=2497360

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #2035 on: June 01, 2011, 02:58:53 am
So we're actually doing this? Cool =) you'll see Photocopier that wasnt  precisely spam :p.

DMT is the active ingredient in Yage/Ayahuasca, a native drug that's become popular in the psychedelic community lately, in my country specially it's becoming more and more fashionable. I've never actually tried pure DMT and I'm not sure that I would, what I experienced with Yage was very dense and it was trough 8 hours, DMT is supposed to be the same thing but in 15 minutes, and it's said to be absolutely the most intense psychedelic experience you can have.

Something that also influenced me a lot was Terence Mckenna, who is equally respectful of them and is useful in fitting these ideas for cerebral occidental folks such as myself :p. I reccomend his book True Hallucinations. Mckenna is very speculative, you shouldnt follow his ideas as something 100% true, he's very speculative and it'd be silly to believe what he says, but that's kind of the point because his whole outlook is about empowering your own critical mind, it's this outlook what I think is valuable about him as well as his respect for indigenous people http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMNAOk1bMDw if you want more there's loads of material here http://deoxy.org/mckenna.htm

What Yage is, is a soup made out of several plants sacred to indigenous people, 2 of which are responsible for the hallucinogenic aspect, but the soup as a whole also acts as a purgant, so you puke and you shit and you're also tripping out of your mind, you might leave your body (I didnt) but it also gives you an outlook on all of your life and makes you see why you do the mistakes you do, so all of it's effects including the puking are seen as a phisical and spiritual "cleansing". Personally it gave me the assurance that the good part of you is what really exists, what is the center of you while the rest is just shit you pick up. I have only done yage once, but I've tried one thing or the other over the last few years, but no more often than 6 months, I believe these things are to be respected.

I think Blumunkee's position on LSD is positive, honestly I havent tried it because being in Colombia it seems better to go for more indigenous aproaches than LSD, we also obviously have some LSD culture but I havent been intrigued enough to try it. I've tried Psilocybin mushrooms in natural contexts tough, and I dont know how similar it is to LSD but if you take just a bit of Shrooms I could see using something like that for inspiration.

What Terence says about LSD is that he went to seek DMT and Yage because he didnt think LSD was fullfilling the promiss of trippyness he expected :p, he found it far more trasnforming and I'm pretty sure that view is widesperead.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:04:51 am by Conceit »

Offline Tsugumo

• View Profile
    • Bulletproof Outlaws

Reply #2036 on: June 04, 2011, 04:33:14 am
Hey, all!  Tsugumo back from the dead here, but unfortunately not in a very pixely form!

Been busy taking a business course and getting an iPhone dev license and working on a game that should be going live this Sunday.  I've been documenting the progress of it over at Bulletproof Outlaws with pretty much 100+ days worth of daily updates.  Derek of Ravenous Games (who made the pixel intensive League of Evil for the iPhone) did the programming.

It's all hand-drawn and "3d cel-shaded to look 2d" art because the iDevices are powerful enough to push some pretty large graphics around and I wanted to try making something anime-ish, though I haven't left pixels forever...I'll probably be doing some pixel art for a League of Evil update down the road!

Here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8YJdLpICu8

And here are some screenshots:

It's not pixel art but I figured I'd pop in and let you guys know that I'm not dead yet, I'm just too busy to have much of a message board presence anywhere.  :)  Good to see the place is still running and doing awesome, and that some familiar names are still around.

- Tsugumo

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #2037 on: June 04, 2011, 07:01:53 am
I always liked to think you were here the whole time, it's just that we couldn't hear or see you because you're a ninja stalking the shadows.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #2038 on: June 04, 2011, 10:43:35 am
Tsugumo lives!

*Festival*

Love the neon projectiles, though the arrow looks kind of blunt. D: Still, any game with Bundle of TNT as an item is instantly incredible.

Best of luck!

Offline Tsugumo

• View Profile
    • Bulletproof Outlaws

Reply #2039 on: June 04, 2011, 12:02:31 pm
I always liked to think you were here the whole time, it's just that we couldn't hear or see you because you're a ninja stalking the shadows.

haha I lurk sometimes just to see how the pixel art world is doing. And, you know, to assassinate the occasional unsuspecting victim or two.

Anyone going to E3 this year?

- Tsugumo