AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1001414 times)

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1170 on: November 21, 2009, 08:51:41 pm
I know most of you guys might not be into fps stuff but holy shit I need this thing like NOW!
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #1171 on: November 21, 2009, 09:43:42 pm
I know most of you guys might not be into fps stuff but holy shit I need this thing like NOW!

Neat design and concept, though I don't think it will be very successful, what with additional "artificial" weight/force possibly causing more of a chance of cramping and joint issues...
my back hurts...

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #1172 on: November 21, 2009, 10:14:38 pm

I could see some interesting [mis?]use in some of those Japanese sim games. Nipple Twist Simulator EXTREME Edition?

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #1173 on: November 21, 2009, 10:21:15 pm

I could see some interesting [mis?]use in some of those Japanese sim games. Nipple Twist Simulator EXTREME Edition?
I see you understand why I need one of those things then.
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Who - Retro Sprite Gallery

Reply #1174 on: November 22, 2009, 06:12:02 pm
in case anyones interested I put up some new shots of one of my two main retro pixel game projects I been doing.  This one being level 1 of a game called 'Hero - Celestial Force' which started off as a fan game of the game 'Hero' by my friend Ultimortal (who also created the popular 'Iji') before it sorta grew with more colors (though I am only using colors from a modified NES palette) and slightly larger sprites and 8 way shooting and stuff.  And it was only meant to be a 2 week project I began almost 3 years ago to the day.  Am very slow.
http://amon-devilman.deviantart.com/art/Hero-CF-221109-144395853
NES, Amiga & Amstrad CPC inspired
I know nothing about pixel art
http://carnivac.tumblr.com/

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #1175 on: November 22, 2009, 08:42:57 pm
in case anyones interested I put up some new shots of one of my two main retro pixel game projects I been doing.  This one being level 1 of a game called 'Hero - Celestial Force' which started off as a fan game of the game 'Hero' by my friend Ultimortal (who also created the popular 'Iji') before it sorta grew with more colors (though I am only using colors from a modified NES palette) and slightly larger sprites and 8 way shooting and stuff.  And it was only meant to be a 2 week project I began almost 3 years ago to the day.  Am very slow.

Ah that looks wicked - got proper nostalgia from those screens.

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Reply #1176 on: November 23, 2009, 06:45:48 am
Over the course of the past two months I learned that our company might be bought out by Zynga, flew out to San Francisco for an interview by Zynga, learned that we were indeed being bought out by Zynga, and then subsequently left behind what was my life in Wisconsin in order to start anew in California. Surprisingly, it doesn't seem much has changed. I've got a few friends who moved out here from Wisco a while back, and the team that I've been working with over the past three or four years all moved out here, too. So now, I'm basically doing the exact same thing that I was before, just in a new area, and from an actual office instead of my house.

Two things.

1) If there's anybody in the San Francisco area that likes meeting awesome new people, let me know, as I'm down to make more friends.

2) If there are any flash developers looking for a really great place to work, Zynga is aggressively hiring and offers some amazing benefits to boot.

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #1177 on: November 23, 2009, 07:27:15 am
Doppleganger - Wow, that's a perfect example of positive life changes! It's not often the people you know move with you too. Just last year, I moved away from a rather large to city to a tiny spec on the map. Unfortunately, I haven't made any friends in a town of less than 1k people. Most of them are rednecks.  :crazy: Luckily, I'll be going back to uni this Spring so the making friends part should be easier.

--------

Wow, I haven't been to Pixelation in a long time. I've been lurking every now and then. In the past couple of years I've been doing pixel art sparingly but my need to be creative in many ways has tempted me to do it more often now. Just today, I spent the whole of it practicing. Fun. Anyway, I'm hoping to be more active here and post some stuff for critique soon.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Reply #1178 on: November 23, 2009, 10:09:22 am
No one would ever missuse one of these!

I've had my eye on those Novint folks for a while now. More interested for 3D modelling than gaming. They are apparently working on a 3DOF grip which would mean a full 6DOF haptic system which doesn't cost thousands of dollars. Nice.

in case anyones interested I put up some new shots of one of my two main retro pixel game projects I been doing.  This one being level 1 of a game called 'Hero - Celestial Force' which started off as a fan game of the game 'Hero' by my friend Ultimortal (who also created the popular 'Iji') before it sorta grew with more colors (though I am only using colors from a modified NES palette) and slightly larger sprites and 8 way shooting and stuff.  And it was only meant to be a 2 week project I began almost 3 years ago to the day.  Am very slow.
Any builds of this beauty floating around anywhere yet?

Offline Ultimaodin

• Unknown Artistry
    • View Profile

Reply #1179 on: November 23, 2009, 12:15:18 pm
Ok, not sure about this but I haven't seen any regulations for posting links to other forums but I have to post this as it's incrediby messed the F up!

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1451041-man-marries-video-game-character/

I really think this guy is going to need more than a nipple twist simulator.

I've decided their is such a thing as going to far with pixels.