AuthorTopic: WIP Gameboy Advance SP  (Read 3097 times)

Offline havocplague

• View Profile
    • my old portfolio

WIP Gameboy Advance SP

on: October 17, 2008, 08:57:32 am
Heya, long time, no pixelling. Started working on this SP a few nights ago, and I'm having a little trouble with the shading, especially on the lower parts. Any c+c would be appreciated
The lightsource is a bit inconsistent too, mainly because I've only had my own SP as a reference.

Offline lollige

• MrLollige
    • View Profile
    • MrLollige blog

Re: WIP Gameboy Advance SP

Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 08:30:19 am
Why so large? The larger it is, the harder to make something interesting of it.

And as far as I know a gameboy sp does not have that many detail.. So why not go with a quarter size of it?

I really like the buttons btw, the highlights on them. But I think that you are almost done except for adding color this way. Only thing that could possibly be added is a title screen in the screen of the sp.

Offline havocplague

• View Profile
    • my old portfolio

Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 10:33:48 pm
You answered your own question, the reason for the size is that I'm going to add "real-size" GBA-stuff on the screen, aka. 240*160. So yeah, I know it's kinda large, but it's for a good reason :)

Offline Helmasaur King

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 12:09:38 am
Very cool, it looks really nice, you might want to add an extra highlight shade on the hinge, it doesn't seem shiny enough, or you could switch the other color up maybe 5 or 10 lum. I like the idea of it though. And are you going to make an AAed version too? Or just keep it pixely?