AuthorTopic: anyone remember Satchel & the Kid?  (Read 4011 times)

Offline sYnister

• View Profile

anyone remember Satchel & the Kid?

on: November 17, 2008, 06:29:53 pm
from the depths of 2002 and after almost 4 years of not doing any pixel art, i just found Pixelation again (why didnt anyone tell me that pixelation.swoo.net didnt work anymore?) and am extremely happy and surprised to see so many familiar faces. im not too sure anyone remembers me though. i didnt have that big of an impact on the community, but faces like Ptoing, Helm, Pixelfish, AdamTierney and st0ven may remember this (in reference to the thread title of course)

this image was a joint effort by pixelfish and Nvision of one of my characters in 2003 or so for a project I was spearheading called Satchel & the Kid. Ptoing had his fingers into this mix too and i guess this thread is just to see if anyone remembers the project or may have saved some of the files. the GBA project is long gone but i have been still using the characters for various illustrative, graphic and 3d works in my degree and in professional life.

suffice to say that i ask you old coots to step out of the woodworks and reminisce to a time when black and purply-indigo forum templates were king.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: anyone remember Satchel & the Kid?

Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 07:23:36 pm
Hah, yes I do remember this very well. And I have made a 240x160 picture in 16 colours which I was quite proud of back then. I have no clue if I still have that somewhere tho. I will see if I can find it. Welcome back :D
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 10:08:37 pm
Hey hey,

I remember pixelfish very well, in fact I might even have a site I hosted for him on my website still. He did the most wonderful skinless dog avatar for me, great guy. Dunno what happened to him.

I just checked my website, I have a bunch of his pixel art still, although he removed the index.htm file so I am not sure if he wants me sending his stuff across the internet, there is also a satchel and kid folder with a bunch of art in it. Let me know if you want to see and I can post some links.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 10:12:02 pm by Dogmeat »
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline sYnister

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 12:27:33 am
hey dogmeat.
i havent spoken to pixelfish in some time now but if you do have that stuff you have to post some links. it would be such an awesome walk back into the past.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 12:48:25 am by sYnister »

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 04:55:10 pm
I don't mind posting links here, but I'd like to get a mod to approve such an action before I go ahead. Last thing I want is to get banned for something silly.

I don't have any contact info for Toby any longer, so if anyone has his info and can ask his permission that would be great, otherwise I think just stating all images belong to pixelfish/toby should be sufficient.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline sYnister

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 05:03:33 pm
well i havent seen him on AIM for a while but yea, if a mod could authorize this and we could put an advisory in big and bold and orange or something that these images are the work of Toby and all rights are reserved to him as the artist that would at least cover it :P

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 05:51:27 pm
I don't see any problem with posting art by anyone on Pixelation just as long as its clear that it's not by the person posting it. If Pixelfish appears and says he'd rather not it's quite easy to take down.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 06:01:08 pm
All images are the intellectual property of Toby/Pixelfish:

Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline sYnister

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 06:05:28 pm