AuthorTopic: Fightersprite  (Read 4158 times)

Offline DementedHero

• :3
    • View Profile

Fightersprite

on: January 07, 2006, 03:55:01 pm
Yes, quite common these days, fightersprites  ;)

Well, I've already had some good critique, but I think I need some more.

Mainly, I need some help on the hands.
The (our) left hand looks quite bad, and the other one is just a bit better. I'm not too sure if the skull/spine thingie he's holding matches the style very good..

So, basically, anything you think you can do to help me improve, go ahead  :D

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Re: Fightersprite

Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 05:10:38 pm
Let me see what I can do.  I can't help with the hands, because hands confuse me as much as they confuse you.  But here's an image showing the changes I would make:  The original is at the top, mine is at the bottom.  Each row shows one change.

Offline Slayer of Kings

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 05:15:29 pm
ummm... no offense or anything, but could you explain what you did? It doesnt really look like youve changed anything at all. Just put some white lines on there.

Offline Drunkyduck

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 07:37:41 pm
Look closer. He fixed a lot of issues on this sprite.

Compare the abs, face, left shoulder and his crotch on the original sprite and on the edit.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 07:40:37 pm by Drunkyduck »

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 07:50:55 pm
Now you can see the differences, yes?

Offline DementedHero

• :3
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 07:56:16 pm
Thanks  :D

I really like what you did, I will make sure Ill have a look at them, take them into account and reshape my figure ;)
Only thing I don't really like is what you did with the face, I preferred my version of it :)

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 10:05:11 pm
Thanks  :D

I really like what you did, I will make sure Ill have a look at them, take them into account and reshape my figure ;)
Only thing I don't really like is what you did with the face, I preferred my version of it :)
That's perfectly OK, I was just confused as to why you put the mouth so high up on the face, because his jaw looked a bit big to me.  But it's a matter of choice.

And sorry for not explaining the changes, here you go.

First change:  Fleshed him out a bit, and made him look more 3-dimensional.  In the animation (thanks Monsoon ;)) You can see him bulging in and out.

Second change:  Made his pecs a bit more evenly sized, and fleshed them out too.  Reduced his left shoulder muscle, it looked like a tumor.  Made his legs connect further down, to give him a pelvis.

Third change:  Forget it.  ;D

Can I also suggest that you use less colors?  If you have two colors that are very similar (I saw examples of this in your work), make them one color.  It's sort of a waste.