AuthorTopic: [WIP] need help colouring the terrain  (Read 7516 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: FIRST UPDATE need help colouring the terrain

Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 04:52:27 pm
what I want to know now is how to do this surface coloring

You will learn to do this when you learn the fundamental artistic skills that underlie it. There are no shortcuts. The pictures you provide for reference are very plain in the skillset they use as far as pixel art goes: some hue shifting, some dithering, antialias. These are not what make these pictures attractive. It's basic art skills which you simply cannot skip. You need to be able to draw believable volumes to do this. You need to be able to manipulate light. You need a basic theory of construction of an image, and you need some working knowledge on how these computer games were coded, engine-wise and how they tile these things. You are approaching learning here backwards. The pixels are the least important part of these images by capcom.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 04:57:08 pm by Helm »

Offline feder

• View Profile

Re: FIRST UPDATE need help colouring the terrain

Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 05:17:18 pm
berfore i believed that copying the "style" that was present in the drawings of these artists help me to make better my own drawings, in my next post i will try to draw something with my own knowledge.

greetings

Offline feder

• View Profile

Re: WIP need help colouring the terrain

Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 05:09:52 pm
well i redraw the surface i first try with sand but doesnt fit with the stage, so i change the floor redrawing it with grass.