AuthorTopic: Its a dump in here. (lol, newbie)  (Read 3438 times)

Offline sporknife

• View Profile

Its a dump in here. (lol, newbie)

on: October 08, 2008, 02:30:46 am
An art dump, that is (AMIRITE)

Fairly new to pixel art here, and looking for some help making my stuff better. Really, any comments are appreciated
(yes, i know the animation is a tad fast)

this one uses 10 of the mspaint default colors

(those are health bars)

I figure that should be enough for you guys  ;D

Offline Fatalis67

• Total newb
    • View Profile

Re: Its a dump in here. (lol, newbie)

Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 03:06:19 am
Wow! These are really good for a new artist. I'm also pretty new here, so welcome! Personally I think you should add some details to the center part of the ship shooting the lasers. Right now it looks almost like it was stuck on top of the image. Also, you should probably trim it back a bit so it looks like it's behind the cockpit rather than on top of it. These are much better than most of my stuff, you got skills.  ;D
In the words of Shakesphere: "Villian! I hast done thy mother!"

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 06:34:59 am
Maybe it's just my unclean mind, but that thing there looks like a thrusting dong. lol

in anycase, it's well designed and well animated.

Also, I'm totally diggin' the weapons thing and the starry space scene with the ships. I would totally play that.

Only critz I got is you could kinda make the shine on the head of that machine on the first one move as it thrusts to improve the reflective look.
If you don't understand what I mean, imagine standing on a sidewalk and looking at a car drive by and watching the shine from a streetlight overhead move along the curve of the car as it passes by.

Offline Fatalis67

• Total newb
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 01:35:50 pm
Damn Ryona, now  I can't look at it without thinking of that. You have a dirty mind  ;)
In the words of Shakesphere: "Villian! I hast done thy mother!"

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 03:38:26 pm
Like it, especially the shmup screen. Is the lowest rightmost weapon icon one of those crunchy donut hoop thingies :crazy: That would be awsome as a weapon.

I think the big ship would look better if you made the undetailed parts have some detail. I mean you see some places that are very well rendered, and then the part next to it is pretty much filled with one color.