AuthorTopic: Main Character Fin?: Variations  (Read 16036 times)

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Re: UPDATED 6: Main Character help

Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008, 09:09:42 pm
@tehwexxl0rz: Perhaps you need to re-read the post again and see that I WAS JOKING about the method he was using. No, it is not helpful if I just take kcilc's or corsair's or Kaz's edit and rework my sprite off of that. You are correct in thinking that it's useful for the other critiquers to use other critiquers work for teaching the original artist a different method. Be it far from me, (the person asking for help), to tell someone who's trying to teach me something that he's not doing a good job. Especially when he's obviously better then me at said subject. There was no reason to get defensive about me "back talking" to Kaz. Especially when I said I found his advice useful.

Please stay on topic. I haven't worked on it a bit cause of real life work and the Isocollaboration project. Here's my piece if you would like to shread something else to pieces.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/rob/new/myisonumber68.png

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 09:59:52 pm
xhunterko, I never suggested that you work over anyone's edit. Of course that wouldn't be helpful.
You are correct in thinking that it's useful for the other critiquers to use other critiquers work for teaching the original artist a different method.
That's ALL I said.
Be it far from me, (the person asking for help), to tell someone who's trying to teach me something that he's not doing a good job.
That was my point.
There was no reason to get defensive about me "back talking" to Kaz.
I assume you mean Kcilc. I never accused you of "back talking." I only tried explain that Kcilc made his edit to teach you, not to study Corsair's techniques for his own purposes.
Please stay on topic.
Do you see the irony here?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 11:11:13 pm by tehwexxl0rz »

Offline AnarchoElk

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 12:25:20 am
wtf are you even doing here wex. . . I think you need to buff up your reading comprehension skills. I don't really think you understand what's going on. Maybe your first misunderstood post had some value, for people who may have thought hunter was being serious, but everything following has been a trainwreck.

@xhunterko

The one thing sticking out to me is on his right leg, the leg seems to come out at a near 45 degree angle, but the boot is still straight vertical.

"vaccinations enable human beings to live at the socially and ecologically destructive densities that make infectious disease a problem."

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 02:10:58 am
I think you guys are making a big deal out of something small, lets not make it worse, so lets stay on topic and keep the focus on pixeling..

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008, 11:44:49 am
AnarchoElk, that was senselessly rude. I post one misunderstood comment and then explain myself only to receive a barrage of flaming. Thanks, Alex.

Don't know why I even bother:

« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 11:52:22 am by tehwexxl0rz »

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: November 09, 2008, 07:00:08 am
@tehwexxl0rz: I apologize for the trouble that this thread has given you. Hopefully, it won't happen again. The following is not a suck-up. Your edit, however, looks more like the direction that I want to take this sprite in. Its slightly based on the original yet you add your own style to it. It takes on the aspects  of both kcilc's and Kaz's edit and puts them together. Yet another piece that I'll have to look at while working on this sprite.

Please don't feel bothered. I really appreciate any help I can get. I know I suck at this form of spriting. So, thank you for the edit.

(I'd mention that you were right about somebody else. But I don't want this to get worse and have this thread locked.)

EDIT: I have been working on it some today. Mite post it later.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 07:12:10 am by xhunterko »

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 04:28:34 am

I'm fairly certain there's still some issues with it. It feels more and more complete now, but I'm just not sure. I was a bit worried that someone would think that I copied or worked directly off someones edit. So I included those for comparison. The reason why I have four different styles is that I'm deciding on what to do with the armor pads and the helmet still. While I like 2b, 2a feels a bit incomplete without the armor pads. Which is why I'm still unsure about it. Should I make the other arm on that side a tad thicker? Or is there something else entirely wrong here and I don't see it?

EDIT: I like 2a the most though. It says the classic ninja look more then the aqua helmet does. Any other opinions?

EDIT: It seems that you guys are a little busy right now. I'll just change what I think I need and then do some variations then. (People seem to mostly like 1a/b for some reason. Even with the aqua helmet.)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 02:56:25 am by xhunterko »