AuthorTopic: WIP guy with hammer  (Read 54459 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: WIP guy with hammer

Reply #60 on: October 16, 2008, 11:08:52 pm
Yes that's what I mean. Also I meant "mind" not "might" above. Excuse my errors  :ouch:

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: October 16, 2008, 11:13:01 pm
Head's too big and he has biscuitdoughhands but you get the idea.

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #62 on: October 17, 2008, 12:04:35 am
Ahh! thats probably what helm wanted to see and clearly there's loads of things to point out there.

orait, I dont mean to sound like an asshole but that sketch is really nothing impressive. dont get me wrong, I'm not bashing on you. Im not calling you pretencious or anything, I supose you are aware that is not a great drawing.
so Im going to ask you this. did you do that with the best of your effort or is that just a quick skecth that you threw on paper just to post it here, cause you were asked to?

Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #63 on: October 17, 2008, 12:58:19 am
Definitely... the second one. M'kay, I'll try to do something better. But is a drawing really necessary? Couldn't you just point out what's wrong with the anatomy?

In other news, got started on my second big pixelart ever. I think its going alright.

Edit: just realized he needs a much bigger forehead.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 01:00:16 am by Tuna Unleashed »

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #64 on: October 17, 2008, 01:44:41 am

Offline Raytheon

• bepp bepp
    • View Profile

Reply #65 on: October 17, 2008, 05:39:11 am
WHATS WITH THE HEADSHAPE

also on the small sprite legs are back waaaaaaaay too far
i am a computern

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Reply #66 on: October 17, 2008, 06:10:27 am
Hu-llo!

When the bob said he couldn't find anything like that in the Stafy game you mentioned, I decided to look at it myself. And what do you know, he was right! But, your character reminded me something out of the One Piece series (remembered seeing a nintendo power add for them). Since I'm looking for a sprite base, i decided to check it out. Your character looks closely to the guy posted below. It was so close in style to yours that I wanted to post it...then i forgot. So, here's a sprite sheet for you to look at. I think it should help with some of the anatomy and noodle issues that plague your sprite.

Oh, about the head. I think he might be trying to do something anime with it. Though, it looks a bit, I dunno, comic book style more to me.

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Media/OnePiece/LuffyWS.gif

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #67 on: October 17, 2008, 10:33:45 am
Yes, traditional skill is necessary to pull off what you're trying to pull off. The sketch and the big size character portrait betray fundamental difficulties with the human form. You should do extensive practice in learning to draw what you *see* and not what you think you've seen. Start with photos of people and try to copy their volumes and shapes as closely as you can. I swear if you do this for 6 months regularly you'll look back at your stuff now and be able to fix it yourself. And that's much better than us guiding you along with nitpicks.

Offline Raytheon

• bepp bepp
    • View Profile

Reply #68 on: October 17, 2008, 11:47:09 am
i'm nowhere near an anatomical expert but your headshape should look slightly more like

i am a computern

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #69 on: October 17, 2008, 12:29:00 pm

okay here's my last update before my month long soul journey of discovering the mysteries of anatomy. Yeah I can understand why my anatomy sucks though. When I draw I usually screw with perspective enough to render anatomy useless.