AuthorTopic: New Shmup ships: Fire type  (Read 2883 times)

Offline soldat

• View Profile
    • My Game-Dev-Blog

New Shmup ships: Fire type

on: October 04, 2008, 07:04:04 pm
I have two new ships in progress and want to hve some feedback and mostly some kind motivation(would at least be not bad)

here we go:

Everything is art really, it is just a matter of looking at it that way.

http://chess-game-dev.blogspot.com/
My Site

Offline pixelaro

• View Profile

Re: New Shmup ships: Fire type

Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 07:39:10 pm
like this. you need to make the center of the first ship appear less like it viewed from directly above though. reds are also really really close and the brown doesnt seem like its any darker than the reds. Can be my monitor though as it has some weird contrast.. the second one i really like the wings but it also looks kinda like you see it directly from the top instead of slightly-in-front-top.
:::....

Offline soldat

• View Profile
    • My Game-Dev-Blog

Re: New Shmup ships: Fire type

Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 07:46:42 pm
yeah i get your point here. you are right i was thinking of replacing the colours with some better ones after i finish at lest the first piece.. because it was a lot of work to do it like that .... mayhaps that is the "not soo bad option.." :P

i also want to cant the middle of the first ship so it looks not directly "from above". i agree with you.
the colours: might be your monitor a bit as well but still i think you are right after reading your reply and watching it over and over again.

maybe cant the beak below downwards... so it looks more like "slightly-in-front-top" as you mentioned.
...but i have slight problems correcting that piece in this point and would liek to get mre advice at that issue.

thanks for liking the mentioned parts!
Everything is art really, it is just a matter of looking at it that way.

http://chess-game-dev.blogspot.com/
My Site