AuthorTopic: Anyone think they can come up with some hair for this?  (Read 3692 times)

Offline Ari

• View Profile

Anyone think they can come up with some hair for this?

on: January 08, 2006, 02:52:43 am
What can make this  100x better?

So yeah... This is a really old sprite of mine I was doing of Zidane, from final fantasy 9. I kind of lost imspiration after I got stuck on his hair. Ill upload a picture of him below. I dont need this for anything, I just would like to see him finsihed. If anyone thinks they can give him some decent hair have a wack at it.

The tail on the right was just a 2 second whip... so don't start.

His hair has to be like this.
http://finalmangatop.free.fr/FF9%20zidane.jpg

Well. Your all welcome to try and do whatever you want to him. I know i have WAY to many colors for a sprite that size. (81 i think).
Anything you think will make this sprite better, or more professional looking. Give it a go. Whatever edits you think would be good.

(dont mind the stupid "bubbles" i have there)
I see
Said the blind man
To his deff dog
In the corner of the round room.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Anyone think they can come up with some hair for this?

Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 02:56:19 am
I know i have WAY to many colors for a sprite that size. (81 i think).

WTF?

Erm...How did you even manage to get that many? A sprite this size could very well go with 16 or less...

Offline Ari

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 03:04:46 am
I know i have WAY to many colors for a sprite that size. (81 i think).

WTF?

Erm...How did you even manage to get that many? A sprite this size could very well go with 16 or less...
I have no idea man. I just couldnt be happy with the colors i had, so i kept adding more and more and more colors...
I see
Said the blind man
To his deff dog

Offline .ImygE

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 04:17:36 am
I didnt believe that it had that many colors so I counted them myselfI counted 62 colors in the Zidanes(only counted the tail in the second, Im assuming the rest has the same colors) and 14 in the expression bubbles. Most of the colors look so much each other. Some contrast to the colors, color reducin and a different skin tone would help this out alot.

Offline Ari

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 12:46:24 am
I didnt believe that it had that many colors so I counted them myselfI counted 62 colors in the Zidanes(only counted the tail in the second, Im assuming the rest has the same colors) and 14 in the expression bubbles. Most of the colors look so much each other. Some contrast to the colors, color reducin and a different skin tone would help this out alot.
Did you count it by eye? Cause I used the color counter built into Graphics Gale to get my results. But yeah, that was the entire picture, with the bubbles.
I see
Said the blind man
To his deff dog