AuthorTopic: Squiggly's Dump Thread  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Squiggly_P

• View Profile

Squiggly's Dump Thread

on: September 09, 2008, 11:00:44 am
<EDIT>  I figured I'd save a few bytes of server space and just dump everything into just this one thread instead of littering the boards.</EDIT>
**UPDATE 09/30/08**

**Original Post**
So I was playing around for the latest Mockup Frenzy, and ended up making little mini versions of a bunch of the sprites and crap.  Then I animated one of them.
I think I might do a bunch of these.  Anyway, I figure I should start working on my pixel stuff, since I don't have near enough experience with it as I'd like.
Used Arne's pallet:

Sorry for all the empty space in this.  It's NES-sized :P

Mockup >>
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 01:42:39 am by Squiggly_P »

Offline missingno

• View Profile

Re: MicroMegaMan

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 03:12:56 pm
He seems a bit off-balance, like he's leaning forward and about to fall over, or slouching.

Offline un7

• unseven
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:44:15 pm
His shooting pose needs more action, dynamism. Look to the original one, he bends his knees a lot and bring his arm foward. You can also use Megaman X's pose for it, which he spread his legs and holds his cannon firmly to shoot.

I really liked the style, look foward to see some more of this work :)

Offline Squiggly_P

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 05:11:04 am
Did a mockup with a few more sprites and crap.  I did some minor edits to try to give some better action in his shooting pose.

The only thing about making him this small is th lack of black outlines.  With 16 colors, your background pallet options are sorta limited.  I guess he's gonna fight Brimstone Man or something.

Offline Squiggly_P

• View Profile

Re: Squiggly's Dump Thread

Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 01:52:04 am

Used the NES pallet.  Graphics Gale apparently doesn't save transparency in the Free Edition, or I may be doing it wrong...  dunno.  I'm gonna do a flurry of practice sprites over the next coupld days.  I have time off.  My speed needs to increase, tho, as this took me about 4 hours, tho one of those was pretty much wasted on doodling with no goal.  Pink Bunnies are something I just do for some reason.  I dunno why.  I'm basically trying to pixel the same way I draw, which is sort of an explaination for the odd hands, heh.

Anyway, rip it apart, or anything else in this thread.  Everything is fair game.     :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 01:53:57 am by Squiggly_P »