AuthorTopic: Odeka: Mockup  (Read 21335 times)

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Re: Atilus

Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 07:52:19 am
i definitively love the look of it. Imho, looking for another tint for the background wall would help (though maybe not as blue as it has been suggested above), and i second Xion on "dark red pixels on the edges of  the cape".

Otherwise, it sometimes looks odd to see such set of blocks that "hang" on top of pillars, defying equilibrium rules (or maybe these are going to fall on your hero's head ?) ... And i'm a bit uncomfortable with how the "edge" of the pilar and the edge of its basis happen to be on the same vertical line.. i would have them a bit away from each other though i should try to be sure.

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #31 on: October 16, 2008, 10:34:39 am
im loving the style of this. I really falls close to what I love to see and do. but I have a few issues about it.

the character is almost blended with the background. you can hardly see him. you should think about some sort of eigther outline or some sort of higher contrast.
the columns on what I hope is the foreground plane, are a tad too big and you have too many I think. I know this is a mochup and that the final game may have loads more separation between them, but right now it looks cluttered and noisy. plus, so many of them brings up the change of an enemy hidding behind one of those columns.
I also thing they are taking attention off the character. maybe if you backlight them and had only the edges being bright.

anyway, in general I'm loving this.

keep it up!
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline mozzy

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 08:31:21 pm

Sorry didn't change Atilus yet, I'm using my bro's computer and it feels wierd pixeling on another computer.
Just did a really quick sketch of how the far background should look like. Obvious wip.
Also I desperately need help with the HUD, I need it to look more interesting but I have no idea how.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:50:49 pm by mozzy »
The Wild thing

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Odeka: Mockup

Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 09:11:12 pm
looking great :D

mind telling us what the ud needs to show so that we can better help you?
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline mozzy

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 09:19:52 pm
Oh sure.
Top left is his health, beneath that is his level with the amount of experience he needs to get to the next level. In the middle is a quick weapon exchange thing. Since this is supposed to be an early part of the game, he only has 1 weapon. The left is a power measure bar, it measures how long he can use his special power, when its switched on, the amount begins to deplete.
The Wild thing

Offline mozzy

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 04:02:29 am

Closer to done. This darn HUD, ugh so ugly.
Cleaned it up, added a few enemies, and finally fixed his colors.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:50:33 pm by mozzy »
The Wild thing

Offline skamocore

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/10442.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 04:38:15 am
ok...I know this has been said before...but contrast! Everything seems to get lost in the background:

Also, I played around with the HUD...Personally I think it would be better to have things line up, it just looks a bit more coherent that way, and it's a bit easier to look at. I got rid of the curly part, as it seemed a bit unneccecary. Also, it would get annoying to read once you got down to low health...and you're more likely to be checking up on your health when you're running low. I seperated the level and the exp needed, this way it's a bit easier to read. Before you mentioned that the "/602" was supposed to be your exp, I thought it was some kind of decoration...

The right bar - I made it less swooshy, if it's just a straight line, then it's easier to see exactly where the bar is up to, otherwise it's a bit ambiguous. Also I switched the way that the bar reads. I think it's nice to be consistent, this way both bars face the same way and it means you don't have to jump from reading left to right to reading right to left. Also I closed the bar off so you can tell exactly where the end of the bar is.

Offline Raytheon

• bepp bepp
    • View Profile

Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 04:40:45 am
skamocore's edit's colours seem to be alot nicer, i cant stop looking at it
i am a computern

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008, 07:48:53 am
Hmm, I dunno, I liked the browns more than the purples.

Maybe the far backgrounds could be purple.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008, 08:14:02 am
That's an amazing edit, skamo.