AuthorTopic: Odeka: Mockup  (Read 21319 times)

Offline Destiny

• View Profile

Re: Atilus

Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 05:25:56 pm
I would suggest making the background section with the bricks a bit darker, so it contrasts more with what your character is jumping on

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 01:47:34 am
Yeah you definitely have some priority issues to solve, but all the elements alone are well done and it wont take too much to prioritize everything.

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 01:59:15 pm
Ryunmaru's alive

!!!

I love this, mozzy. I love you. Hold Me.
I still think the arm holding the gun is pretty stiff. But since this is already better than what I can do, and since it's easier that way, kudos.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline mozzy

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 01:55:54 pm
Hopefully I fixed some of the problems. I was going for a more "ruins", before, I felt it was a little to orderly. Also thanks, I really appreciate the feedback.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:52:51 pm by mozzy »
The Wild thing

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 01:40:33 am
Color edit for contrast:

I also cut down the color count from 56 to 47.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 02:25:09 am
The dark red pixels on the edges of  the cape are really saturated and dark - they create a weird situation where both the saturation peaks and value bottoms out between the cape surface and bg.

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 10:37:22 am
This is just lovely. Colors are nice, the perspective of objects is very original (at least to me) and the underlying simplicity is just pleasant.
However, there are some priority issues:

- [same-colored crosses] objects on different planes are identical - background ones should have less details and/or be colored differently to give the impression of greater distance;
 - [question mark] the contrast between the pillars and the floor is so high that they almost seem to be on different planes;
 - [question mark] on the other hand, the contrast between the floor and the background walls could use some increasing.

Looking forward to see how this progresses ;)
saimo
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 10:41:25 am by saimo »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #27 on: October 15, 2008, 01:36:37 pm
i think the colors are fine..
technically, the columns which are on different planes support what seems like platforms which the player can walk on.. so it wouldn't make sense to make them look like they are in the distance since that would make you think you couldnt land on them.. as they are now, it is clear that they can be landed on..

Offline mozzy

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 12:55:12 am
Dirty photoshop edit:
\Just to show that I think I get what you guys mean. I changed the back-most columns to be smaller and less detailed to show that they're further back. I forgot to shrink the blocks above them, but know that they should be d:
I left the brightest columns as is because Atilus goes behind them, not in front though they should probably be a little more desaturated. Also made the floor lighter to contrast with the ruined wall probably a little to light.
Still need to fix Atilus' colors though.
Thanks for the C+C I really appreciate it c:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:53:17 pm by mozzy »
The Wild thing

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 07:36:12 am
Just to show that I think I get what you guys mean. I changed the back-most columns to be smaller and less detailed to show that they're further back. I forgot to shrink the blocks above them, but know that they should be d:
I left the brightest columns as is because Atilus goes behind them, not in front though they should probably be a little more desaturated. Also made the floor lighter to contrast with the ruined wall probably a little to light.
Still need to fix Atilus' colors though.
Thanks for the C+C I really appreciate it c:
Yes, yes, yes! That's definitely the way to go! :y:
Loving it a lot more now :)

saimo