AuthorTopic: (Nudity) Anatomy attempt  (Read 3672 times)

Offline AnarchoElk

• View Profile

(Nudity) Anatomy attempt

on: September 23, 2008, 10:36:29 pm

I'm just really starting out, so I figured I'd try a nude pose to start off. I'm looking for any tips or pointers concerning pixel technique, anatomy, shading, and hair.

"vaccinations enable human beings to live at the socially and ecologically destructive densities that make infectious disease a problem."

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Re: (Nudity) Anatomy attempt

Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 02:01:32 am
Seems like a waste to try and practice anatomy when most of the body is obscured! But anyway um, the far buttock needs to be elongated downward. The back might be a bit too arched, but I don't even know what this woman is doing, so it's hard to know! I also can't tell how the shoulders are connected.

I highly recommend you pick a new composition with less of the body obscured if you really want to improve at anatomy!

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 03:05:27 pm
I never understood the sheer number of "learning anatomy" pixel posts on this forum. If you want to study anatomy, grab a pencil and a sketchbook and head out into the real world. Pixel isn't the most conducive medium for an artist to get comfortable drawing the human form.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 04:22:33 am
As a fan of grey-scale Gameboy-esque art, I decided to give you a little quickie edit.

But take the advice from the guys above me. If you want to get good at anatomy, keep on drawing. Draw lots of people. Realistic people. And when you don't have a pencil in hand, study people you see day by day. Observation and study is key.