AuthorTopic: {WIP}FPS Can  (Read 4623 times)

Offline High

• View Profile

{WIP}FPS Can

on: September 05, 2008, 09:07:49 pm
Hello everyone! This be my first pixel art and It is for a doom game I'm making. Please help me out here.(It's a black man holding a spraypaint can)

Update

Update 2

Update 3

Update 4

Update 5
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 05:35:40 pm by High »

Offline High

• View Profile

Re: {WIP}FPS Can

Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 11:04:21 pm
Yeah I need some help because I'm not gunna spen 2 or 3 days on one sprite when I got to sprite a hole game.
Update 6. ???

oops I ment to edit.

New!
Seven

Yeah
Ocho
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 12:41:43 am by High »

Offline decker

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 08:27:15 am
just pull the thumb and first finger together at the base a little bit, otherwise a beaty, Xcsep wish to see the marks made by the can :)

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 02:44:29 pm
I'm sorry to say I think you're moving much too fast. You should take this back to square one and make sure to get the anatomy of the hand right. As it is now, it's really not convincing as a hand. The forefinger isn't resting on top of the actual button thingy, and all the fingers just look like they're hovering about next to the can, not actually gripping it.

Try finding some references of people holding cylindrical objects and study how the hand looks. The very least you can do is grab a bottle or something and look at your own hand. I found this book cover which demonstrates what I mean about the fingers not gripping the can. Study it, try to find some more references, and focus more on the anatomy behind the shapes before you go into trying to shade it.

[edit] I just remembered there's already a game out there with a first person can in it! Behold!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:48:09 pm by Rox »

Offline High

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 08:57:07 pm
Thanks for the feed back. I redid all of it.

Here it is.

Offline Gizmonicgamer

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 12:52:09 am
Thats much better, though the lack of and shading on the other side of the hand is a little strange. Might I suggest adding a few light spots there?

Also, I'm not sure if this part is still wip or what, but I'd suggest reshading the can - add a bit more contrast too it, specifically. Also maybe tint the dark greys with a hint of blue or another shade, perhaps some hints of skin tone (to give it somewhat of a more reflective look). Either way I'd suggest not using neutral gray, particularly in combination with actual colors.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:29:19 am by Gizmonicgamer »

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 01:45:55 pm
Rox is right although that reference isn't the best - the middle finger is completely dislocated, ow! Your best bet is to get some good lighting in the room where you're working and study your own hand.
I mild from suffer dislexia.