AuthorTopic: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!  (Read 190942 times)

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Re: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!

Reply #260 on: January 16, 2006, 06:33:35 pm
Well For maybe about the hundredth time, here's my finished entry:

Try to incorporate some of Yosh's ideas into your sprite... help bring out some depth to your character.  I like the black added under the hat, it makes it feel like he has a head, I would try doing the same to the portrait because it feels like the sprite did before.  I think the portrait in general needs some finishing, it looks much like a rough draft.  Maybe some highlights on the edge of the folds, some detail to his hat which looks very flat and some work to the swords to make them appear shiny.

Nobody is singleing you out, take a look at Mirre's sprite.  She's gone through a ton of redos to get it looking just right, we're just trying to help you make the best possible character possible.
Glub Glub!

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #261 on: January 16, 2006, 09:46:12 pm
mehmeh, not done yet, portrait and edit of this will follow shortly.
and yes i know it's not transparent, kthxbye
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #262 on: January 17, 2006, 12:41:09 pm

i went for a very different style on this portrait.

so unless anyone got some big complaints, then its all done.

also i updated the knees of this one.

your new sprite looks much better, the form is a huge improvement, but Im still not loving the shading, perhaps make it more like zangief's chest hair or the hair on blanka, have a look at their sprites and see if you could do something like them ;)
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline zilben

• View Profile
    • my DeviantART page

Reply #263 on: January 18, 2006, 01:39:15 am
Here is mine  ;D

Portrait and animation coming later!

btw, i like ur fighter Takam, LBA 2 is the best game ever!! i still need to beat LBA 1 tho.. lol

sonic_reaper

Reply #264 on: January 18, 2006, 02:18:29 am
I started working on another one just for fun.  Here is the work in progress.  The legs need work for sure.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #265 on: January 18, 2006, 03:10:56 am
i had forgot to post my sprite earlier
if i have time soon ill work on what needs fixing. so if anybody can help in telling me whats wrong with it, it will be fixed sometime

Offline Toby

• View Profile
    • SKEZblog

Reply #266 on: January 18, 2006, 04:35:02 pm
I'm in too - if there's still any room left? :o

15 colors + transparency. Guess I better start working on that portrait.

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Reply #267 on: January 18, 2006, 05:25:53 pm
Dude, Bo, it'd be cool if you made a whole cast of Canine fighters...you've already got two awesome and distinct fighters...
thanks but i think i would have to add clothes to some of them to make 8 or more look different from eachother(especialy if youl be able to chose what color they will have).
I do think, though, that fighters are a bit too small to dither.  At least with that contrast-y of a color.
As stills, they work OK... but animated they would look bad.
yeah, most probably.
Also I like Bo's dogman creature's portrait.  Would love it more if it had saliva dripping off the mouth and looking even more rabid than it already does with that crazy eye.
hmm, well actualy that was the idea from the begining but for some reason i forgot it. so i might try it again.
your new sprite looks much better, the form is a huge improvement, but Im still not loving the shading, perhaps make it more like zangief's chest hair or the hair on blanka, have a look at their sprites and see if you could do something like them ;)
yes that might work. however i wont redo these sprites almost from scratch for such a minor thing.
however i might do it on another fighter if scuba lets me have another slot?

Offline Niss

• View Profile
    • darkno.de

Reply #268 on: January 19, 2006, 11:24:49 am

Tataa! The atlantis man - the cool version! (or was it the man from atlantis? you know that "swims faster than a dolphin" knida guy - if you don't know what the hell I'm talking about consider yourself lucky!). He is extremely strong when he is exposed to sea water - problem is he can hardly breathe without!
portrait and tweaks soon to come (hopefully)...

Captain Blood

Reply #269 on: January 19, 2006, 03:19:33 pm
I started working on another one just for fun.  Here is the work in progress.  The legs need work for sure.

I like that.  Reminds me greatly of a very old sprite of mine actually.  The lil guy with the chain on the far right of this bunch http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/8004.htm.  Your sprite is kinda how I pictured my old character would look in a more realistic proportions.