AuthorTopic: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!  (Read 192592 times)

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Re: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!

Reply #150 on: January 08, 2006, 08:48:15 am
alrighty decided to give it a go:

This is pretty much a zombie + buff version of me. the pink stuff on the left one is a floral pattern i have on my (red) suit but i don't think i pulled it off too well. might add aa or something on it.
C&C would be nice. I'll work on my portrait nowish...

@Captain Blood: come on man, everyone here knows you're no ripper. It looks sweet in the flash thing. Style isn't important, its quality that is and your piece has more than enough of that.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Reply #151 on: January 08, 2006, 04:14:59 pm
ok so i fixed the legs abit. still not a perfect sprite but its comming.

also i made this lineart for the portrait.

Captain Blood

Reply #152 on: January 08, 2006, 04:22:00 pm
...Out...
Sorry, I'm a bit lost...

Anyways, I thought yours was one of the best submissions so far... and I was particularly blown away by the portrait (which I made cycle colours if you click on the sprite).  The project was never to copy SNK or Capcom styles... it was just to make a fighter sprite in your own style... or emulate if you wanted... this is probably a note for everyone.

Yeah, sorry I think I overreacted a little.  Am still having a lot of personal issues which have made me stressed and tired and I don't take kindly to having something I worked hard on being ripped off by someone (who I'm still tracking down, one of the accusers told me this guy also has the original pencil sketch I did for the portrait and showed them again as his own to prove that he was the original artist.  That at least narrows it down a bit as there were only one place I uploaded that picture - Photobucket account, and only one very obscure independent comic book company forum I posted it on).  Some of the stuff I do is fairly personal to me and it feels like people steal a bit of me when they do that and I really didn't need that right now.  Sounds sorta corny but you're all artists and I hope you understand or feel the same way.  I always figured that's our own lives and experiences and tastes that form the style and technique of artwork that each of us do.

Anyways I've had a lot of sleep today as its been surprisingly quiet... maybe the neighbors finally killed each other or something, I dunno,... and if you still want my piece in there I'd be honored.  I think the artwork done by everyone here is superb.  I didn't realise the flash was already up and containing some of the work.  Gotta admit it gives me a lil thrill to see something I did as part of that whole thing.  Did notice the portrait in his standard colors is a lil out of date as you can see touch ups done on the blue and green ones (I love that you got pallete selection in there and I'd encourage everyone else to make use of that)  If you want to change it to the updated version its athttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/Green_Arrow_III/feralbeastportrait.png. A nice forest backdrop would suit him well if you have one, if you can find one set at night then even better.

Incidently.. I didn't realize until this afternoon that "Captain Blood" is not your standard username... you USED to go by Wolverine... who I remember from the old Pixelation days!

Yeah, still known as that on Pixeljoint's gallery thing and GMPixel.  Haven't got around to changing it on those places (if possible).  I've not really settled on another one since and don't feel a real need too anymore though it's still hard to shake off the name most people know ya as...
Apologies again for lack of anger control and the lil outburst...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 04:24:19 pm by Captain Blood »

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #153 on: January 08, 2006, 06:34:31 pm
(I love that you got pallete selection in there and I'd encourage everyone else to make use of that)
Ugh, no more... requires 3x the time to implement one person.
Glub Glub!

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #154 on: January 08, 2006, 07:05:36 pm
These are pretty cool. I'm surprised at the number of people who participated.

Hopefully I can whip something up
@darionmccoy

Captain Blood

Reply #155 on: January 08, 2006, 07:21:59 pm
(I love that you got pallete selection in there and I'd encourage everyone else to make use of that)
Ugh, no more... requires 3x the time to implement one person.

Sorry, didn't realise.

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #156 on: January 08, 2006, 07:56:41 pm
I can name a ton of people I would love to see contribute.  Is NDeal around, Sals, Frostbite, Jawsh (Joshstorian?), Pegwo, Pep... and I am anxious to see finished portraits from Helm, St0ven and "Kon" and about a half dozen others.
Glub Glub!

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #157 on: January 08, 2006, 09:27:27 pm
@darionmccoy

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #158 on: January 08, 2006, 10:49:01 pm
lmao, i love you peg! and yeah josh already did one.
alexander

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #159 on: January 08, 2006, 10:49:20 pm
Stop changing nicknames you dorks :P  I recognized josh's because of his unique art style.
Glub Glub!