AuthorTopic: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!  (Read 190965 times)

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Re: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!

Reply #140 on: January 08, 2006, 12:47:26 am
...and colours because you couldn't help yourself ;)
Glub Glub!

Offline Schu

• The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
    • View Profile
    • Eyegore-net

Reply #141 on: January 08, 2006, 01:20:18 am
Fights with Ice Pixels and a snowboard!

I had another portrait in a completely different style but I didn't pixel it... Might edit this one too a bit but I'm playing castlevania! I was gonna make a snowy background too but I'm too lazy right now :/ Oh well. Good enough for now!

Weblink is www.eyegore-net.com please :)
---
Schu

Captain Blood

Reply #142 on: January 08, 2006, 02:12:48 am
Nice work, hun.  I like the blocky pixelly thing in the hand.

Anyways I've taken mine out.  Guess I should have followed nearly everyone else and done SNK style all the way but I just don't enjoy trying to copy someone else's graphic style so unless its possibly some form of adoration and I don't adore SNK at all (the portrait style is ok but I just do not like the shading on their sprites at all, their characters are usually incredibly bland and games like SNK Vs Capcom, which I had really been looking forward just turned out to be hideously dated crap when I got it a while ago, nice work on Demetri but what the hell is with Guile?).  Mine would have looked shit and out of place in the flash thing anyway and brought everyone elses work down too.  Also I don't appreciate some of the crap I got e-mailed directly to my gmail account referring to this site and my own work.  I don't like being called a ripper or a tracer or anything like that, thanks, especially without proof. 
This crap seems to happen everytime I try to join in with any community collaboration whether its pixelling or writing or whatever. Forget it.  I haven't been enjoying doing this for a while now as possibly shown by my lack of motivation to put up another website.  Dunno why the hell I pay £17.99 a month for broadband to get hassled by people on the net when I could just go out and get that for free offline...

Anyways nice work people.  Especially liking Ryumaru's moody looking demon thing. Nice atmospheric lighting on that thing.  Take care an' all that.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #143 on: January 08, 2006, 02:33:59 am
Anyways I've taken mine out. Guess I should have followed nearly everyone else and done SNK style all the way but I just don't enjoy trying to copy someone else's graphic style so unless its possibly some form of adoration and I don't adore SNK at all (the portrait style is ok but I just do not like the shading on their sprites at all, their characters are usually incredibly bland and games like SNK Vs Capcom, which I had really been looking forward just turned out to be hideously dated crap when I got it a while ago, nice work on Demetri but what the hell is with Guile?). Mine would have looked shit and out of place in the flash thing anyway and brought everyone elses work down too. Also I don't appreciate some of the crap I got e-mailed directly to my gmail account referring to this site and my own work. I don't like being called a ripper or a tracer or anything like that, thanks, especially without proof.
This crap seems to happen everytime I try to join in with any community collaboration whether its pixelling or writing or whatever. Forget it.

Nooooo!!! Dood, if other people think the stuff you make was ripped that's just their own incompetence. Everyone seems to act like only pixel artists with published/famous work are capable of doing something unbelievably great. Which sucks.

Nice, schu, but where's her other arm?

Nice edit, Alex-Hans. Much more dynamic than mine. The neck is also much improved...y' mind if I steal it for a sec... ;)

Offline Schu

• The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
    • View Profile
    • Eyegore-net

Reply #144 on: January 08, 2006, 02:49:03 am
Oy Capt'n! :( I don't think you have to copy the style for this, especially since your sprite was so well made and the portrait was quite beautiful~ And whoever calls you a ripper tracer, I'll break their kneecaps ;D

Xion: The other arm is under the poncho. Same for the sprite, though hidden in the back.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #145 on: January 08, 2006, 03:00:50 am
i find the other portrait more in your style i think schu :)
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #146 on: January 08, 2006, 03:32:17 am
...Out...
Sorry, I'm a bit lost...

Anyways, I thought yours was one of the best submissions so far... and I was particularly blown away by the portrait (which I made cycle colours if you click on the sprite).  The project was never to copy SNK or Capcom styles... it was just to make a fighter sprite in your own style... or emulate if you wanted... this is probably a note for everyone.

Incidently.. I didn't realize until this afternoon that "Captain Blood" is not your standard username... you USED to go by Wolverine... who I remember from the old Pixelation days!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 03:34:10 am by Scuba Steve »
Glub Glub!

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #147 on: January 08, 2006, 03:49:17 am
hey Captain,

I don't think the point is to copy anything. I just did my versions for fun, and ended up liking snk's version better then my original drawing. mostrly because the pants are better shaded :D

so it's a shame you take out yours really!

take care,

Kaz
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #148 on: January 08, 2006, 04:09:18 am
Schu, nice entry. The sprite looks very clean. Something about the arm bothers me though, it might be a tad short I think.
As for the portrait, I think the drawn one has more dynamicness, and the pixeled one her top lip is well, gone!  :o

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #149 on: January 08, 2006, 05:32:06 am
Nice work, hun.  I like the blocky pixelly thing in the hand.

Anyways I've taken mine out.  Guess I should have followed nearly everyone else and done SNK style all the way but I just don't enjoy trying to copy someone else's graphic style so unless its possibly some form of adoration and I don't adore SNK at all (the portrait style is ok but I just do not like the shading on their sprites at all, their characters are usually incredibly bland and games like SNK Vs Capcom, which I had really been looking forward just turned out to be hideously dated crap when I got it a while ago, nice work on Demetri but what the hell is with Guile?).  Mine would have looked shit and out of place in the flash thing anyway and brought everyone elses work down too.  Also I don't appreciate some of the crap I got e-mailed directly to my gmail account referring to this site and my own work.  I don't like being called a ripper or a tracer or anything like that, thanks, especially without proof. 
This crap seems to happen everytime I try to join in with any community collaboration whether its pixelling or writing or whatever. Forget it.  I haven't been enjoying doing this for a while now as possibly shown by my lack of motivation to put up another website.  Dunno why the hell I pay £17.99 a month for broadband to get hassled by people on the net when I could just go out and get that for free offline...

Anyways nice work people.  Especially liking Ryumaru's moody looking demon thing. Nice atmospheric lighting on that thing.  Take care an' all that.

i also think its a shame your dropping out, i liked your entry the most out of them all. especially the portrait, why are people calling you a ripper or tracer anyways???oh well this is your choice not mine, oh and thanks alot for the compliment coming from you it means alot and comments always keep me going.