AuthorTopic: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!  (Read 190857 times)

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Re: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!

Reply #90 on: January 05, 2006, 07:03:31 pm
The height of the shown background is 212... if you look at the flash it's basically a 212 x212 square that you'll see that is cut in half diagonally.  So I guess... any width... but know that only that much will show.
Glub Glub!

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Reply #91 on: January 05, 2006, 07:42:19 pm
WereDog... well actually it looks more like a WereRat.

took quite some time but it just flew by. i needed to start pixeling more again anyway.

Offline Acke

• Oh yeah! Pixel for me baby! ;)
    • View Profile

Reply #92 on: January 05, 2006, 07:56:53 pm
Ok. So I decided to redo mine. While doing so I changed the design a bit I guess...
STILL not happy with the hair...

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Reply #93 on: January 05, 2006, 08:57:33 pm
Ok. So I decided to redo mine. While doing so I changed the design a bit I guess...
STILL not happy with the hair...

well the hair is very bright compared to the rest of the character, it looks completely out of place.

Offline Gazette

• View Profile

Reply #94 on: January 05, 2006, 09:34:25 pm
Acke, if you'd like, i'm pretty good with hair and i could help you think of something that you'd like, honestly, i think he looked better before, but that's just me.

Anyway, i'm working on my mugshot now so save me a spot or something D: After looking at the KOS 2k3, i don't really understand where anything but the mugshot comes in, call me stupid if you want, i am, but yeah.

Offline reydragk

• View Profile

Reply #95 on: January 06, 2006, 12:50:08 am
I'm working on a character for this:

the portrait I think I'm going to have to work on the outlining, but it's mostly done.  The small head next to it is the head I've done for my fighter sprite, I'm having a lot of trouble with the body because I haven't done much work with fighter sprites before.

Also, since this is my first post here, I'd just like to say hi.  I'm sure some of you remember me from other forums--I recognize TakaM, Helm, Peppermint Pig, and a few others on this forum from Pixelation, and TakaM I remember even further back at the old ZFGC forums back when zelda fangames were still around.  I'm trying to get back into the community after being away for a bit.

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #96 on: January 06, 2006, 02:23:49 am
Void: I really love this but the one thing that irks me is the pattern on his pants' leg.  The pants bend and fold but the pattern does not, it just hovers over the folds.

Gil: Try some different things out then, just remember that eyes (on humans) are in the center of the face.

Bo: I think you may want to swap legs that are forward.  You drew a leg darker on purpose to indicate that it was in the foreground compared to the foreground leg... but I think they're mixed up.

Acke: The hair is really out of place as other mentioned... the rest of him is very natural and then his hair glows in the dark.  That looks linfe for the glowing machine stuff but not his hair.

reydragk: yeah, that will look much better removing the black lines.
Glub Glub!

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #97 on: January 06, 2006, 02:34:35 am
How about we invite Efex  http://galeon.com/efex/web/page1.html

to this little activity?

I think we could use his style critiques, and I think he could use visiting a non-edit based board...what do you guys say?

VOID: cool stuff, yours actually looks like out of CVS with a little of ROTD mixed in.....it IS from scratch right?...dont take it the wrong way ;)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 02:46:30 am by Camus »

Offline Ro83rt

• -insert snappy phrase here-
    • View Profile

Reply #98 on: January 06, 2006, 02:51:11 am
Thanks Helm for the critque. I took your advice and tried to study St0ven's sprite. I read up on his tutorials and read other materials. Here's the new sprite.

The Portrait is still WIP.

Offline Mickey

• View Profile

Reply #99 on: January 06, 2006, 04:04:34 am
Wow, I remember the first one I still have my half completed entry for it on my other computer hah. Great stuff so far too. I'd love to make an entry but I don't really have any idea's for a character so I guess to the sketching board it is.

Ro83rt- you have a nice improvement but the folds in the clothes could still use some work the darkest tone you have outlining the folds makes them look to rigid. Look at some of the sprites Camus posted or other snk, capcom stuff. Keep up the good work. (sent pm)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 04:25:03 am by Mickey »