AuthorTopic: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!  (Read 190858 times)

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Re: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!

Reply #490 on: April 05, 2006, 08:30:25 am
I see what you mean about the hoodie. if anyone feels like editing it to show me a better way, feel free ;p. As for the head, the eyes are shadowed out, as for the hand, it's kidn of hard to tell, but the shirt has a loop [one side only, I kinda fell down the stairs x_X] and the fingers are abit mashed together, kind of gradually going from out, to in. I fail at explain :p looking at it again, I also need to soften the outline on the shoes. that dark blue doesn't work compared to the lightness of the pants.

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #491 on: April 05, 2006, 09:16:48 am
Stitchy, that is just sooooooo awsome!

Offline Seven

• ._.'
    • View Profile
    • Virtuosis

Reply #492 on: April 05, 2006, 02:47:16 pm
Yay, good C+C. Now I'm much more satisfied with it, but still don't think it's "perfect". Stitchy, I just didn't add so much white because I wanted his hair to be more of a gray than a actual white, see? But I got the contrast and flatnesse problem (at least, I think so). I also took some better references for the arm anatomy (here).

Quote from: Xero
and the skin tight outfit doesn't suit him
Hmm, that's more about concept than pixel art, but I can justify that. Imagine a futuristic oriental kung fu cowboy fighter... Than imagine him throwing off his coat to fight... See? XD

Offline Stitchy

• A ghost wandering the shore
    • View Profile
    • That one place everyone hates.

Reply #493 on: April 06, 2006, 01:29:23 am
Ahh, I see. xD But, it's coming along great! I think you could add more contrast to his arms, but even still, they look much better. ;D Can't wait to see the final version... and the portrait. And maybe you could give him some kind of gauntlets around his wrists/arms? Maybe you could add some deadly spur weapons on them if you're going for the futuristic cowboy look? xD Just random thoughts~
Be it, so be quick
Don’t run, just walk and walk and walk
Don’t lose yourself, to decorate
Somewhere on your wall 'Cause somewhere in your mind You know you are doing fine Holding secret hair locks You’ll pluck before you hide

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #494 on: April 06, 2006, 10:45:12 am
I should check here more often. Lots of quality stuff on display.

Filax_666: I was browsing the topic and thought there was something familiar about you character. Thought you had just got similar colours, but I didn't read that you actually used mine for reference. Somehow, I feel really flattered. Heh, when I got a closer look at him, I sort of get the idea that he's his little brother.

"Let's go for a drink, eh?" "You're buying."

Stitchy: Lookin' good there. Just a minor nitpic. When you added the scarf, her lower hand's shape gets washed out. Maybe add an outline?

Steven: A few things I'd like to point out. Noticed that your characters legs have the knees to high. Mostly the left one. On his right arm, there isn't any bulge separating the shoulder from the biceps, just a straight line. The cloth thing between his legs is bending to the right and should really be falling down. Lastly, his left hand has the palm facing away from him. This isn't really wrong, but try doing that yourself.

Keep em' comming people. Look forward to it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 06:08:02 pm by snake »

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Reply #495 on: April 06, 2006, 03:23:11 pm
This is update :D

Opinions are welcome!

Offline Dragon

• View Profile

Reply #496 on: April 07, 2006, 12:34:24 pm
Stitchy and Larwick posted after me and they are already in the character selection (Their works are absolutly awesome). I want my pixel-fighter to stay in the selection but even my fighter is not there and Scuba or anybody else don't tell me if i have to do improves to my fighter.

I know that I'm doing a drama with this but it's an honor to take place in KOS 2K6 and I want include myself (i mean my pixel-fighter) in the character selection

Offline Seven

• ._.'
    • View Profile
    • Virtuosis

Reply #497 on: April 07, 2006, 04:23:54 pm
Phew...

I said he had a jacket.

Thanks for the random thoughts, Stitchy, but I don't want my fighter cheating with weapons... He already knows kung fu, that IS enough ;D
Thanks to snake too, since I fixed most parts you said to... Oh, and it's Seven, not Steven.

Well, I think that's the final version.

Edit: I OWN post number 500
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 02:56:45 am by Seven »

Offline Perciv@l

• View Profile
    • www.prr-art.com

Reply #498 on: April 07, 2006, 07:37:31 pm
Great sprite Seven, and nice portrait.  ;D

Only one crit: the skintone in the fighter's pose is too saturated compared with the rest of the sprite.
I made an edit to show you what I mean. I took all the colors from your own portrait.

If you compare them in a darker background you will see that the skin of the original doesn't fit with the style of the other colors. The skin standout too much.

Now I see that you have a lot of talent Seven. Someday maybe we can make a game together.  ;)

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #499 on: April 07, 2006, 11:32:08 pm
Stitchy and Larwick posted after me and they are already in the character selection (Their works are absolutly awesome). I want my pixel-fighter to stay in the selection but even my fighter is not there and Scuba or anybody else don't tell me if i have to do improves to my fighter.

I know that I'm doing a drama with this but it's an honor to take place in KOS 2K6 and I want include myself (i mean my pixel-fighter) in the character selection
It may have fallen back a few pages... post it again for me please.  I've been busy and have forgotten what has been added.
Glub Glub!